“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, August 10, 2009

THE DEFEOS & NINA_update



I don't have any new art because all the new art I'm doing lately is for people who will publish them later. And they typically get angry when I put them up here for others to see before they give me the high-sign. So, no new art.

Instead I will show you photos of what The DeFeos did with their purchase of my 'Fairest' and 'Red' original art work.

Basically, they took my images (along with their printed/colored counterparts) and classed it up by 1000%. I am so grateful for their support and for finding a place in their home for my work. They were nothing but kind and inviting to me when I first met them, and it warms my heart to think someone cares enough about my work that they'd mount it and place it behind glass like this. And if they just happen to be rummaging through my blog, let me say this: THANK YOU SO MUCH, JENI AND BEN! You guys are much too classy for words.

Anyway, so happy am I that it makes me think of NENA and her perennial hit "99 LUFTBALLONS". You should know the lyrics before you sing it, so I shall provide them for you now.

Enjoy. Be happy with me.

Hast Du etwas Zeit für mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Denkst Du vielleicht grad' an mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Und dass sowas von sowas kommt...

99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Hielt man fuer UFOs aus dem All
Darum schickte ein General
Eine Fliegerstaffel hinterher
Alarm zu geben, wenn es so war
Dabei war da am Horizont
Nur 99 Luftballons...


P.S. - There's a new, updated version of this song that's less impressive than the older one. Well, not less impressive, per say - it's just say that I'm not used to it. So... yeah.

More new art later, I promise.

6 comments:

Lan Pitts said...

I'm glad they went to a good home.

Neil said...

Ben and his wife are certainly good people. Class acts all the way.

Ben said...

You are not half bad yourself Eric. Thank you for creating such wonderful art that we are able to enjoy. Yours is the first original art displayed on our main floor.

spinkick said...

Wow - classy frame-job, very fitting. Love it.

Oscar Martín said...

Incredible work. Talented

j_ay said...

Two of my fave EC drawings of late...gorgeous.