“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

GOVERNMENT ISSUE_commission


Inspired by and modeled after the seminal MICHAEL GOLDEN G.I. JOE: YEARBOOK cover.

From left to right: Spirit, Ripcord, Lady Jaye, Roadblock, Snake Eyes (w/ Timber), Stalker, Flint, Beach Head, and Scarlet.


Oh... don't e-mail and tell me how the guns look off model. I *know* they do.


And knowing is half the battle.

17 comments:

Jhomar Soriano said...

WOW, I wish there was a bigger version of this.

bighatdino said...

They look fine to me, considering Joe weaponry has always been fairly vague in a "lump of plastic" kind of way. Just love the defenition on Snake Eyes and that Beach Head is in there :)

j_ay said...

wOw! So cool.

stephane said...

Geez, Man, your guns look SO off-model. Too bad, coulda been a awesomely awesome piece, but this off-model issue... Huh-huh... Won't do. Sorry.

Eisu said...

They don't look off-model to me. In fact, I echo the statement made by the comment above me, would love to have this as a poster.

Andre Szymanowicz said...

Geezus Eric. Very dynamic, and those stars and stripes make for some really nice design balance. Those guns would drive anyone crazy, but they look super awesome.

rory said...

Dude. This rocks!

Pablo said...

Your work its amazing.

dustin nguyen said...

guns look amazing man, you're conveying a scene, not drawing schematics to build one. also not like some of the guys out there just stating in photos of guns ... because they can.

RAWLS said...

Awesome! ... so MUCH MORE awesome than that sad excuse for a movie which I hope no one goes to see. Nice work my friend.

Cheeks said...

don't mind my drooling, Eric. WOW!

Jon Tsuei said...

Do we get a Cobra companion piece? You know that's a good idea, because I ONLY have good ideas. I want me some Storm Shadow, Canete. Make it happen!

bighatdino said...

I'd be more interested in seeing how Eric's Oktober Guard compare with Golden's, them being featured in one of the few Joe stories Golden did :)

André Toma said...

your drawings are always great.
awesome!

thanks!

Borch said...

I love it!!
Great!

Nice to see your blog!!

^_^

Mayan said...

I actually have that issue sitting on my desk!
In fact I have a whole box sitting next me:) (I recently finished work on the game).

-kube- said...

So awesome!