“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, June 08, 2009

TECHNOLOGIC_commission


For those of you who are new here or if any of you are wondering if I'm going to be this consistent/frequent about posting new work in the future, the answer is "Hell no." I'm bombarding my blog with updates now because I'm preempting the days when I'm going to disappear and not post for months. And by '...the days' I mean '...some time next week' when I get crunched with work.

It's also because I love all of you who visit. Awww... gross, yeah?

Seriously, folks... all kidding aside and just in case the rest of you missed it or if you didn't bother scrolling down to the earlier post where I mentioned it, I wanted to thank each and every one of you who is looking through this blog. I appreciate you all for coming back. Thanks for all of your patience, patronage and for waiting. I am humbled.

But this will be the last one for today as I am actually trying to get work/work done. Keyword: trying. Anyway, I hope the images below are enough visual fodder until my next update(s).

Until then...

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,
Drag and drop it, zip - unzip it,
Lock it, fill it, call it, find it,
View it, code it, jam - unlock it,
Surf it, scroll it, pause it, click it,
Cross it, crack it, switch - update it,
Name it, rate it, tune it, print it,
Scan it, send it, fax - rename it,
Touch it, bring it, Pay it, watch it,
Turn it, leave it, start - format it.
"

11 comments:

PauZak said...

yer back! an I thought, there's no truth in the world... mha!

regards!
Paul.

damon said...

rad!

Diantres said...

Hey Eric, can i color this drawing?

Stewart R said...

You're back in blog form Mr Canete and I have to say I'm very glad indeed! I look forward to seeing more fantastic sketches and illustrations here in the months to come.

Cheers
Stewart

Marcelo said...

good to see you bloging again!

SWAiN said...

**in my Denzel voice**

"My man!"

alamed said...

Hello Sir,
Just wanted to say that I enjoy your art, and I feel very happy when ever I see that little (1) next to your blog name in Google Reader.

So, thank you kindly for today's updates.

Odd Voodoo said...

Welcome back!

Matthew Wilson said...

I knew I kept your blog in my bookmarks for a reason. Glad you're back!

rhombus said...

Daft Punk never looked so good!

Ivan Olszevicki said...

tecnologiccc!


i love your honesty when talking!