“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, June 05, 2009

PIX.EL_90 minutes


I'll color this image later.

I wanted to draw an image of a woman who finally got some new glasses, so the world seems to be in *SO* much sharper focus - almost down to the last pixel. You almost want to tell her to stop for a moment to take a long look at what's around her, yeah?

Ah, who am I kidding? That's all bullsh*t. I just wanted to play around with the background style - something a bit out of the ordinary from what I would normally do. I wanted to play around with shapes and how I'd interpret something if it were made of...I don't know what. Point is, I wanted to have fun again.

But that previous explanation made it seem like I knew what I was doing, yeah? Maybe it made you think I was deeper than I really am, or like, "Oooh, that Canete is a real thinker. He's must truly be an artist's artist." When in reality, as I'm typing this I just burped something up that smelled seriously god-awful and laughed about how awesome it was. Hehe.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Haha, the last paragraph of the accompanying text made me laugh out loud. The drawing is wonderful as well, really like the style of the backgound.

Brian said...

Nice sense of motion. It really feels like she is "flying" down the street.