“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, June 15, 2009

JOSIE, MELODIE, & VALERIE_90 minutes


Fell in love with a girl.
I fell in love once and almost completely.
She's in love with the world,
But sometimes these feelings can be so misleading.
She turns and says, "Are you alright?"
I said, "I must be fine cause my heart's still beating."
She says, "Come and kiss me by the riverside,
Sarah says it's fine she don't consider it cheating."

Red hair with a curl, mellow roll for the flavor
and the eyes for peeping.
Can't keep away from the girl. The two sides of my brain
need to have a meeting.
Can't think of anything to do, my left brain knows that
all love is fleeting.
She's just looking for something new and I said it once before
but it bears repeating.

13 comments:

Grey Thornberry said...

probably a bit repetitive here to say I dig your linework, but truth be told, I dig your linework. Glad your blog's active again

Greg said...

Damn!! That's a beautiful 90 minutes right there. Probably the best thing to ever come out of that movie.

Brian said...

A tour de force of composition and design.

damon said...

Rocking!

i like

Lynn said...

Looks awesome! I love how bendy their limbs are.

Fabian said...

Still don´t know how can you come up with something so perfect in just 90 minutes. Always amazing Eric!

Sara Pichelli said...

you're so SMOOTH!

Andre Szymanowicz said...

So much great energy! I also am blown away by this.

John 'Roc' Upchurch said...

I'm going to start stealing your compositions. . .or you can just give me lessons in awesomeness. . . either way works for me.

RAWLS said...

Josie and the White Stripes.

humberto ramos said...

Hey Eric,
is great to see your blog back in such a classy way, it looks clean and powerful.
Again my friend, I can't thank you enough for your kindness, your freindship, and your A M A Z I N G A art.
I will be here every other day, just to envy you a little bit more each time.
Two thumbs up for you buddy!

humberto ramos

Brian Lue Sang said...

I love the energy in this piece! Wonderful stuff, Eric

Space Station Orbiter: Cloud 99 said...

I love the fluidity and movement of this piece!