“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, June 08, 2009

BOY OF HELL_commission


This is an image done for a commission. I'll upload the multiple passes I did before I settled on this one. I like the other versions better in little patches, but over all I liked this one because of Abe. I mean, I like the Hellboy part of the image, but Abe sells it for me. More specifically, his rib cage. Yes... I know I'm stupid.

And speaking of stupid, has anyone recognized how absolutely overbearing my sig has become these days? It's like this huge, obvious, obnoxious, egotistical stop sign in the middle of all my art work, yeah?

"Ooooh, look at me. I'm Eric Canete and I drew this picture. Isn't my signature awesome? Isn't it smart how there's a cirlce with the first letter of my name in it? Aren't *I* full of awesome?!"


In fact, you are not awesome. You are full of douche. Congrats, Eric.

3 comments:

WILFREDO TORRES said...

I like your sig - it's a nice design element... your's and Walt Simonson's, how many guys can make their sig look like a dinosaur?

Simon said...

Agreed on the sig, it's definitely a plus to it, like Simonson's and Stelfreeze too. It's a bonus within the art, especially as you sometimes have to focus to find it! As for the art itself, well, I love it, but then I also have the pleasure of owning the art itself! THANKS again for that!

mister_x__ said...

Excellently!
Where editors from Dark Horse look?
Why that not делаеш one of series about Nellboy?
I consider that your style of drawing very much approaches on spirit to Hellboy?
Your robots it is much better than works of some artists already working over installed Nellboy. I do not mean Мgnola and Fegredo.
Excuse my English.