“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, May 30, 2009

IVAN BRANDON'S BARDA_90 minutes


Ivan Brandon asked me to participate in his Image Comics message board thread and I was more than happy to oblige. The subject was Jack Kirby created characters. I went with the obvious when I should've done "Kamandi". Dammit. Curse my unoriginal mind.

BTW, just in case you were wondering; I've unofficially retired. I think that means I don't draw professionally anymore. I think. These days I'm just trying to learn how to cook the perfect stack of chocolate chip pancakes. The count is 223 attempts thus far and they all taste like sh*t. This could take me all of my life. Heh.

Also, that's Mister Miracle's head that Big Barda is emerging from.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

ANX said...

that right there is brilliant composition.

Simon said...

Stunning idea/concept!

j_ay said...

That's bad-ass.
Hopefully we'll see a Kamandi some day.

And much, much more hopefully, we all hope that you UN-think that thought.

hawaiian dave said...

Fantastic!