“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, May 30, 2009

IN THE GRASP_90 minutes


It's been a while. Thank you for coming back.

PS - If some of the next few images seem familiar to you, it's because I went back into old sketchbooks released at previous conventions and have decided that they could be drawn infinitely better.

I'm trying to see if I'm the man for the task.

I'm not trying to draw them verbatim; I'm taking the idea of the original image and adding to them a little. You know sort of like the brilliant line of thinking that made the 'powers-that-be' change the scene so that Greedo fired his blaster first. Kinda like that, and just as lame.

Or maybe I'm out of ideas. Yeah, okay... let's say that instead. I'm officially out of ideas.

2 comments:

Tom said...

It's so good to see this blog back in action. These new sketches are blowing my mind.

j_ay said...

Nice to have you back! The days were long, dark and uninspired without having a (almost) daily dose of some EC.