“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

UMI SAYS_sketch




"I don't wanna write this down,
I wanna tell you how I feel right now.
I don't wanna take no time to write this down,
I wanna tell you how I feel right now.

Tomorrow may never come
For you or me
Life is not promised
Tomorrow may never show up
For you and me
This life is not promised

I ain't no perfect man
I'm trying to do, the best that I can,
With what it is I have..."

6 comments:

SWAiN said...

Most definitely, sir!

AJA said...

Mr. Canete

Awesome job, as always!
Just wanted you to know that your work is very inspiring for me.
Keep up the good work!

RAWLS said...

Nice work ink master.

Chrispy said...

Hey hey hey, hitting the classics sir, haha. Really nice, and really moody pictures you got here, i feel like i want to be there, lol.

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

This is one of my favorite Mos songs and sketchies by one of my favorite artists! A great combination.

3!LL

Aviv said...

You capture such beautiful moments, with so much emotion and life...watching your work is really moving.