“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, March 26, 2009

SIBLINGS_commission


"I'm not blessed, or merciful. I'm just me. I've got a job to do, and I do it. Listen: even as we're talking, I'm there for old and young, innocent and guilty, those who die together and those who die alone. I'm in cars and boats and planes; in hospitals and forests and abattoirs. For some folks death is a release, and for others death is an abomination, a terrible thing. But in the end, I'm there for all of them."

9 comments:

Brian Churilla said...

Excellent. Great design. Love the nuanced characterizations.

SWAiN said...

You are an enigma, young man---and I love it!

Tom said...

Wonderful piece. The accompanying text enhances the image viewing experience as well, nicely done!

Harold L. George - Gsting® said...

Love the work...wow. Love the lights and shadows. What do you use to ink?

Brian Lue Sang said...

Wow! This is uncanny, Eric! You certainly have a body of great work.

arnie said...

i'll keep this simple. i'm enjoying the non-spndex sessions. keeping improving eric..

peace out

rory said...

Beautiful.

jojo said...

you are really capturing the mood and atmosphere these days. its soo inspiring. thanks for being insanely prolific and driven.... and generous by sharing it all with everyone.

Brian said...

That is breath taking.