“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, March 29, 2009

INSPIRATION_90 minutes


"Very soon without you knowing, you'll forget about me.

I won't be as relevant to you anymore. You won't remember that when your heart was heavy and when your stomach turned and when your head ached, you looked to me and I gave you everything that I had. I gave you more.

When doubt and uncertainty loomed, I held an umbrella. When you covered yourself in loathing and pity, I told you, "Please stop. Get up." And when failure came calling, I answered the phone. When you thought, "I'll never be fast," "I'll never be as good as what's-his-name," "This will never work." - I hid "never" from you for a little while. I gave you more than that but you won't recollect.

You won't recall the time that I gave you strength and will in that rain-soaked tenth mile when your lungs were going to burst and your knees were done . Or how you somehow found focus and resolve early that 3AM morning; when you swore to yourself you didn't have the energy to finish that masterpiece. Or the courage you used to pick your heart off the ground when she told you that she didn't care for you anymore.

You'll forget your promise to never let me go - when you wrote that final note to that last lyric, when you put down that finishing stroke of Cerulean Blue and you told yourself nothing will ever be better than this, and you said under your breath, "This must be love." You wont remember feeling or saying or thinking any of that.

But that's how this fickle, ephemeral love affair works. I to you, and you to someone else, and so on and so forth.

Very soon you'll forget about me. But I'll never forget about you."

3 comments:

Mark said...

Uh huh? Nice baps, luv.

Owen said...

Beautiful, man.

Clopsybot said...

lovely water. props.