“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, February 27, 2009

TREES & WOMEN_90 minutes


I wanted to draw trees, but I figured that might be slightly boring. So now you get tree women with stripes on their faces.

Interestingly enough, this is NOT all mythological. I've actually seen stripes on a face like these creatures have and it scared me back then as much as it scares me now. I guess that's why I'm drawing them - to purge them out of my system. Nah... I'm still a wuss.

Okay, that is all. Enjoy the trees.



BTW, I forgot to mention it before, but if you are inclined to purchase my original art (such as the one above), you may click on the link on the right-had side bar under "PURCHASE ART". A fellow by the name of JASON SCHACHTER is handling key images for me from now on and you can find those images at that link. Thank you, Jason, for dealing with the head ache of being my rep, and to all of you for the patronage.

8 comments:

Mowgli said...

Eric, if ever i come to wherever you live, i'll take your autograph, and frame the piece man!! you are totally too good!! I sooooo wish to be half as good as you are, someday...

amazing piece...amazing...i mean i am so elated after having seen it, that i cant contain my feelings...thats damn good a sketch!!

AlexTuis said...

They are really sexy and beautiful!

Always enjoyed your faeries things!

Tom said...

Awesome piece. Fantasy is certainly a genre you work well with. Thanks for sharing!

Brian said...

An intriguing, challenging image. The lack of facial details does give it an unsettling, mysterious air.

As for Mr. Schachter, I know the guy and you are in good hands.

ryan cody said...

It's like a pseudo sexy triangle choke. With boobs.

Chrispy said...

Hey Eric, you doing it again with this one man, i love it, i love the emotion in it. It feels tense and almost angry, lol. Just dope as hell man, DAMN YOU!

Stephanie said...

I love both concepts...and for them to be put together like this? Ah. Great.

Claude said...

As always: inspiring!