“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, February 12, 2009

FINALLY HOME_sketch


"...By the time you get back into town, I'll already be on a plane jetting to a land where they use Euros. It's a strange, strange time and place that puts an ocean between us. Especially a couple of weeks before Valentine's. I'll be home soon enough, but not before hearts and flowers day, and I feel bad. The things I do for work, hon. And I swear it will be the last time.

Anyway, I just wanted to write one more time to tell you that I miss you so much my face hurts.
I'm about 5 hours ahead after a twelve+ hour flight , so I'm going to be pooped when I touch down. But I'll call you first chance I get. I cooked some food so you won't starve while I'm gone -- check the fridge, blue Tupperware -- and I've given Jack a call so he'll come over and give you some company. No lounging around the apartment feeling bad and acting like a hermit okay? Promise? Say it...

Be good. I'll see you in two weeks.

XOXO



PS - I took your gray sweater with me because I know what Europe smells like and it doesn't smell like you."

3 comments:

Chrispy said...

Heh, this is REDICULOUSLY STUNNING MAN!

You know since fathers day, i had a picture of my son and i on my desktop, and when i saw this one, i figured it was time to finally change it so i put this in Photoshop and put the letter next to it, and its now my desktop.

This one will commemorate my wife and i, she's AMAZING, and this letter and picture captures the feeling of so many times that we've temporarily parted ways.

Thanks for the amazing work Eric.

Brian said...

Great image, very true to life letter and I love the PS.

RLS said...

Beautiful. I love the rough inking. It really adds to the energy and drama of this piece.