“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, January 15, 2009

BODY, RIDICULOUS, ROCK_90 minutes

video


Did you know that you can give a gift of song from iTunes? Did you know that? I didn't.

As a "Cheer up, Eric!" and "Thanks for the all the awesome posts, man!" type of thing - a dear, dear woman sent Eric a song: "I LIKE THE WAY" by THE BODYROCKERS. Wow! So, Eric would like to thank Kim for her kind gesture. You are *SO* nice! And I guess that's the music that should accompany this little :30 clip? BTW, the girl in the video that mouths, "...the way you sing along..."? HOT!

Anyway, Kim had mentioned she loved the Venture Bros. image that was posted a while back, so instead of drawing another Moonbase Prod.-based image, Eric busted this out instead. But because we have limited movie making skills, it was all we could do to put this thing together and have it actually play. Yes... it's clumsy and it's missing all sorts of drawings, but whatever. Point is: Thank you, young lady. We had a good laugh. Mission accomplished!

As a small aside, we have no idea what this song/video has anything to do with anything. But the video of the band is so ridiculous in concept, it managed to make us both laugh. Well, it's either the video or the way Eric flamboyantly was dancing this sequence out before he drew it. I swear. I'll never look at him the same way again.

"Isn't this the way the chicks do it?" he asks with a look of guilty pleasure on his face.

"Sure, Eric. The *chicks* do that, " I say. "Emphasis on 'chicks'."


-Jon.

8 comments:

Brian said...

Very impressive and . . . you guys are crazy cool.

Chris Sims said...

Amazing and totally inspiring! I'm doing a dancing girl flipbook animation for my next art/sketchbook. Hopefully it will be just as cool as Eric version.

Kristina Bustamante said...

Oh, my God...that is way too cool!

WILFREDO TORRES said...

Dude, that's so awesome - Eric is a beast... and the idea of him dancing that out is hilarious!

Josh said...

My wife was making fun of me, because I told her I need my inking song on. She asked me what it was and I told her it's the theme song from Wanted. She found it and now I will live with it forever, as my inking song.

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

A really nice start to the key framing though. THe idea work very well as it is.
Nice choice for the character as well.

Cheeks said...

oh my goodness.. i am in such awe.... WOWSERS. that was fantastic, Eric!

Álvaro Álvarez said...

Great!