“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

"P" IS FOR..._sketch


"P" is for "PHUNNY": Make them laugh first thing in the morning - even if you have to spell 'funny' incorrectly.



"P" is for "PATIENCE": The closer to infinite amounts you have, the better of you'll be.


"P" is for "PROTECT": Sometimes you have to protect them from themselves.

18 comments:

Brian Lue Sang said...

Wow! These are great!

I wish I had something more original to say. I'll find synonyms one day...

Romain Ronzeau said...

There's so much energy in these angular shapes. Are they just some random sketches or prep work for a particular project ?

Carl Knox said...

love them all.. but the middle is my favorite out of this set.... it's got great rhythm with and gesture.

:P

Carl Knox said...

love them all.. but the middle is my favorite out of this set.... it's got me with the great rhythm with and gesture.

:P

Josh said...

I love the letter idea. I almost want to do the same thing now. Make a sketch book from a to z. See, you're inspiration is endless.

Andre Szymanowicz said...

In the first one I like the sneakers a lot - I guess I just appreciate well drawn kicks. :)

I love the foreshortening and pose in the third piece. Great pics!

WILFREDO TORRES said...

'P' is for the Protection Order that chick is gonna file against that dude for choking her out... Awesome work as always Eric, really wonderful.

ryan cody said...

Eric, I don't comment too much because I have nothing else to add to what others say, but in my opinion, you are easily the best artist working right now.

rico said...

The Narrative is so clear on these, your hard work is paying off sir.

murf said...

Excellent; and I agree; those Chuck Taylors are special! Nice touch.

afromation9@yahoo.com said...

Great work you inspire me to be better.

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

These are wonderful man. P is for Phunny is my fave. Its something I strive to do for my lady every morning...I wish it worked all the time though.

...dont tell her I said that :P

Chris Scott said...

"Patience" is so perfect man. Good stuff, sir.

Odon said...

Awesome stuff as always.

Where is the E. Canete sketchbook? The "Collected Works of..."? the "Master of Blue Pencil"? "Small Things Come in Good Packages"

I have $24.95 with your name on it

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

I'll 2nd that.

naomiful said...

:)

JOSEN PARIS said...

beautiful. i like your style...very hard tu live near a woman ?

Kei Phillips said...

fantastic blog