“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WOLF & WOUND_sketch


Trees inspired by (read: stolen from) the great BILL WATTERSON - a personal hero of mine. Have a safe Thanksgiving, everyone.

6 comments:

Chanko said...

Owww... Too good...

andy kuhn said...

i saw those trees and i immediately thought of watterson. great job eric.

Federico Distefano said...

Hallo!
I have found your page casually,
following links on other blogs.

I'm sorry for my english that is really poor and i know only
few words, so be patient because I have some difficults
for tell you my opinion on your works.

Great illustrations!
You have an "immediate" style, that like a lot to me, with good balance between black and white
and a good composition!
Excellent inks too.
I really like it!!

Good evening
and congratulations!
Ciao!

Brandon O'Donnell said...

I drew this exact picture (more or less, plus she's clothed) a couple months ago. Really strange to find another picture so similar to something I drew independently.

cdeboda said...

Really liking this sketch a lot. Big fan of Watterson myself also.

Brian said...

Beautiful piece and a fine homage to Bill Watterson.