“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, November 10, 2008

TETSUO FOR ANDRE_90 minutes


Once upon a time a good guy and a brilliant illustrator named ANDRE SZYMANOWICZ bought an original IMAGE from me.

He was kind, cordial, and prompt. He was never rude, never impatient and had nothing but complimentary things to say about the work on my blog. When he followed up on the status of his purchase, he was wholly understanding and his notes were devoid of the profanities which I deserved. A dozen months pass and after many, many e-mails back and forth, the aforementioned piece of artwork still hasn't been sent off to this accommodating man.

Yes. I am a scumbag. I am the dirt under a degenerate's fingernails. I am the cankerous detritus that promised Andre that his image would get to him by his birthday a year later.


This image is for him; it's a small token and a request for forgiveness for taking F*CKING forever in getting the original to him, as well as a heart-felt "Thank You." for waiting as long as he has.

My apologies, Andre. Your patience is zen-like. This, along with Kaneda, is on its way.

15 comments:

Gabriele Pennacchioli said...

Great piece!
Your amazing distorted perspectives make me dizzy.

Gabriele Pennacchioli said...

Great piece!
Your amazing distorted perspectives make me dizzy.

The Black Samurai said...

Loving the motion in this one! Very nice!

Gambear1er said...

soo dope. best token i've ever seen. i think youv'e redeemed yourself... for real.

Andre Szymanowicz said...

HOOOOLY MOLEY!

I just keep thinking how cool that Kaneda drawing is going to look in a nice little frame near my drawing table to inspire me. And now I have an accompanying piece!! Its awesome Eric!! Thanks so much - I love it! Absolutely too friggin' cool!!

Definitely cool perspective, and that heat blur is a really nice little touch.

RAWLS said...

You are a very kind and thoughtful scumbag! Very nice work my procrastinating friend!!!

Fabian said...

I think he will be happy. Great work you did!

Brian said...

Good things come to those who wait, and two good things come to those who really wait.

Dimi Macheras said...

Andre is a lucky dude! It makes me feel good that although you didn't get to draw a Raphael (TMNT) picture for me at the Con here in Seattle, perhaps someday down the road, you might get to it! Once again...amazing work Eric. Another inspiration for us!

WILFREDO TORRES said...

See Dude... now you're just showing off ;)

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

Well, it certainly looks like it was worth the wait.

Loved the Ifanboy Interview by the way. All the stuff you've posted lately is the gorgeousness.

3!LL

Q the creator said...

OMG the reflection of the rocket in the windshield, awesome touch .. priceless

[Mr.BEAST] said...

perspective, reflection of the rocket but also of the city... Uff... 'nuff said!

You rocks eric!

csteingart said...

Canete Tetsuo arm + Rocket reflection = OMG. I would just die if someone colored that baby up, yum.

Dominic Bugatto said...

Killer pic.