“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, August 23, 2008

THE WAKE_90 minutes




"Something Dian used to say to me. She'd say, 'Wes, don't say anything unless you've got something to say.' Advice I took to heart. She would also say, 'It's a long, long trail that has no turning.' And how right she was."

"I'm not a young man anymore. I'm retired now. But I sometimes think that all the things in my life that have made it worth the living have been as a result of my connection to the dead gentleman."

-Wesley Dodds

11 comments:

Dean Trippe said...

That's incredible, dude.

Jeff said...

Wow, what a great shot! Awesome piece!

RLS said...

Wow, Eric this is a fantastic concept. I love that Wesley is parting the veil of dreams. It somehow makes me think of that Sand Saref Eisner page. They both have that beautiful lyrical quality, although yours is more pronounced.

Vidal said...

Es cojonudo, tiu

Brian Lue Sang said...

Beautiful Eric!

Ryan Hanratty said...

This is an outrageously amazing 90 minute piece of work. Keep it up!

aris said...

Elegant and beautiful. Wow. Really lovely design. I would sell my soul to Mephistopheles for your skillzzzz!!!

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

This Image make me curious to finally read the series.
Apparently im missing out.

abhishek singh said...

i sooooo luv sandman ..
n i'm super THRILLED with ur version ..
portic lines from the story make it even cooler
:)
AMAZIN

kiljoyroy said...

I LOVE the Golden Age Sandman. Especially when Wagner and Davis did him--yes!

Angela said...

This is beautiful...