“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, June 30, 2008

PRESS WHORE_90 minutes

I actually heard Kevin Smith use that term on his "An Evening with Kevin Smith" DVDs, so I can't take credit for coining anything. But it's very applicable to what I'm about to do which is to promote 1) the SIDEBAR NATION web/podcast, and 2) my INTERVIEW for the guys therein.

Like I've mentioned before, they (as in Dwight ans Swain) are a couple of classy guys who are are just into what most of my buddies are into: art, comics, movies, cartoons, and all of geekdom/pop culture in general. Go visit by clicking on the link I've highlighted above. And when you do, keep in mind that my voice isn't very.... um... $1.98 for the first minute $.99 each additional minute, you know? So please take it easy on me. Believe me, when I listened to it, I was thinking of that one funny scene from Disney's EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE where Eartha Kitt's character Yzma (now having turned herself into a small little kitten), in the middle of a frantic, tyrannical rant and suddenly having a moment of self awareness and says, "Is that my voice? Is that *MY* voice?! Oh, well." It's kind of like that for me.

So what does that have anything to do with the Poison Ivy image I've posted above? Nothing. You'll get over it; I believe in you.

Anyway, go visit the site, listen to me talk on and on and on and on about myself (See? This is where the 'press whore' part comes in!). While you're doing that, I'd like to thank Messrs. Dwight Clark and Swain Hunt once again for letting me participate, for their very well researched set of questions, and for being gracious enough to laugh at my stupid jokes. Much respect, sirs. I owe you guys a bundle.

19 comments:

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

I listened to there interview with a few other guys. The one with Marko Djurdjevic was pretty cool as well.

Great interview man. Nice to Put a voice to the Art.

rico said...

Sidebar: Best talk show on the internet!

Loved hearing your tales sir!

Skotti said...

*pokes* now, you know the self-consciousness I felt the first couple times we've spoke on the phone.


:P

lorenzo said...

Very cool.

Donal DeLay said...

You sound a lot more surfer-dude-ish than I'd actually imagined. Which was funny. Cause I'd hear the voice and picture, like, Sean Penn from Fast Times, then I'd remember who was speaking and kinda laugh. Just from picturing you as Sean Penn.

Swain and Dwight are awesome. Love their show. Just "discovered" it last week and already went through every interview in the archives.

aris said...

Another great stylized image. I so wish I could trade hands with you.

aris said...

Another great stylized image. I so wish I could trade hands with you.

j_ay said...

interview downloaded and loaded on SonyPod. Will spin it this weekend. Thanks for continuing to dazzle us.

Aleta Vidal said...

wow! great drawing!

alex said...

Very nice podcast, and the design artwork from The End League over on Newsarama was absolutely Gor-GEE-us!!

ryan cody said...

Excellent show Eric, and thanks for introducing me to Sidebar, I love it.

Carlos said...

Very fresh inks!! Nice work!!

Brian said...

Enjoyed the interview. Thanks for posting the link.

Also, really liked your work on Captain Hammer.

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

Just wanted to say, dug the Sidebar interview, Loving your stuff (as usual) and I'm picking up the end league simply for your art.

3!LL

Adam Ford said...

Fun interview. Great piece.

said...

very cool work

John 'Roc' Upchurch said...

dude, i just saw your 'Captain Hammer' pages. that stuff looks fantastic man! really great work on those. and whedon is hilarious.
keep it ill.

pablo pablo said...

very good!

Thomas said...

Really nice interview, man. As ever, the work you do is fantastic, my friend. Keep inspiring.