“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, June 22, 2008

"MOTHER NIGHT..."_90 minutes


"Don't touch the unicorn, Lily."


Jack said something to that effect that beginning of the movie. And what did this daft, lame-brained idiot of of a girl do? You guessed it.

The next thing you know the pollen filled world of magic (did you guys recognize how much stuff was flying through the air while they were just hanging around Lily's house? You'd need some serious doses of Claritin just to live there!) is a giant ice bowl and a bare chested Tim Curry is walkin' out of mirrors and straight into my nightmares. Way to go, Mia Sara. And that's the reason why she's not featured in this sketch; she's stupid.

Jack should've just let Gump shoot her.

Oh, just in case you were wondering, "The End League" is moving along and is a blast to draw! I'm hip deep in the middle of it is all and that's why there aren't any regular updates. I think I'm going to take another month or so before I update again so please come back then.

Please?

14 comments:

[a] said...

welcome back eric "undead" canete!

another masterpiece in 90 minutes.

standing ovation!

Reynes said...

Great composition and amazing inking !

lorenzo said...

It's a very great work. I like your work in Iron man... I'm sorry for my english, i'm a poor french guy...

Manual de deus said...

very cool

RLS said...

I pounce on updates!

Awesome pic as always Eric. I love the movement in this composition. I really love your rendition of the Lord of Darkness. I really need to get that DVD. I remember seeing it as a kid and just having my eyeballs blown by the visuals.

mmmmmike said...

but of course! keep workin hard, man, those pages on Nrama were gut-wrenching.

Brian said...

Love the balance of black and white and how it mirrors the balance of good and evil in the piece.

Thanks for the update, see you in a month.

samacleod said...

Awesome. Love your drawings.

HartCactus said...

rad!!!....takes me back to the 80's! :)

well done eric!

Skotti said...

HAH!! Awesome sauce!


Sadly, I loved the dress Evil Lily was in.

Craig Zablo said...

Awesome... amazing... one of your best!

j_ay said...

As always, you kick too much ass.

Keep it up!

Kevin Levell said...

simply awesome stuff...
just...
brilliant!

Rico said...

MAN! Legend is one of my favorite movies of all time! You ROCKED Darkness, man!