“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, January 21, 2008

TWO-FER_90 minutes


Two images today because tomorrow might not be as forgiving. Thanks for looking. I love all ten of you who still visit this blog.

And whenever I see images of Valkyries, I always think of that classic Warner Bros. cartoon where Elmer Fudd dresses like a viking and sings, "Kill da' wabbit, kill da' wabbit, kill da' waaaaaa-bit...." in the tune of "The Valkerie" by Richard Wagner. Funny to me. Not so much so to you, maybe.

C'mon...Elmer Fudd and a cross-dressing Bugs Bunny are hilarious.

8 comments:

Skotti said...

Valkyries are made of win.


Epix

David Cousens said...

AS one of the 10, I appreciate your efforts Eric(I sympathise too, I'm finfing it increasingly hard to maintain my own art blog!)

Love the expression on the horse, very cool!

Have fun mate,
David

Adam said...

My first attempt at an artblog only lasted about 2 weeks! Love the blog. I'm sad that Iron Man:ETM will be ending soon. Can't wait to see your next project! Keep posting!

John H. said...

Viewer #11 checking in...

Lue Sang said...

Elmer Fudd RULES!!

This drawing kicks ass too! ;)

rico said...

man...I thought that big-boneded valkrie was all hot and then I read that you were thinking of kill the wabbit so now she's just a tranny. hmm...I have to go think some things through...

Brian said...

I luv me some "What's Opera Doc" and even have the WB statute of Elmer hoisting the Valkrie Bugs in the air over his head with the base signed by Chuck Jones.

Odon said...

I remember being bothered by Bugs being the "girl" in that one. I didn't know if he was really a boy after that.
Good stuff. I gotta be number 11 at least.

D