“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, January 31, 2008

[JUMP]_90 minutes

This rhyme makes me smile sometimes. Like right now, for example. Oh...and you know I'm talking right at *you*. Hater. Heh.

Points Of Authority / 99 Problems / One Step Closer (Collision Course Album - Disc 01)

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son/ I got 99 problems but a b*tch ain't one/ Hit me

He's got the rap patrol on the gat patrol/ Foes that wanna make sure his casket's closed/ Rap critics that say he's "Money Cash Hoes"/ He's from the hood stupid, what type of facts are those?/ If you grew up with holes in your Zapitos/ You'd celebrate the minute you was having dough/ SO F*CK CRITICS, YOU CAN KISS OUR WHOLE A**HOLE/ If you don't like my lyrics you can press fast forward/ Got beef with radio if we don't play their show/ They don't play out hits, well we don't give a shit...so/ All these mags try and use our ass/ So advertisers can give 'em more cash for ads... f*ckers/ I don't know what you take us as/ Or understand the intelligence that Jay-Z has/ I'm from rags to riches, we ain't dumb/ I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one/ Hit me

12 comments:

Skotti said...

Heh, Jon got me all re-syched about Jump. Seriously, it neeeeeds to come out now!!!

I'm already pestering my comic book guys order it.

John G said...

Goddamn. Great work.

axel#13 said...

Dude, since you dig the song 99 Problems.....what do you think of the Mark Romanek directed video?
Also, Awesome drawing of "Jump"!

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

I had to bring up the album again and hear it after I read it. You have way more fans than haters. A Quote LeSean Thomas uses all the time is, "If you ain't being hated on, you ain't doin shit!"
Your doin it, so ya gotta expect it a little.
Personally for me your one of my latest and greatest infuences. My recent post, on my blog mentions your beautiful way of using inks, to add to you compositions.
Take a gander, leave a comment

http://danvancool.blogspot.com

Thank ya sir.

azhar said...

SO F*CK CRITICS, YOU CAN KISS OUR WHOLE A**HOLE

ahahaahaha...

agree on that...AHAHAHAH

arnie said...

while i was away i see you've leaned something about yourself. you're pushing yourself in new directions and it's coming out cool.

peace out

Mark said...

I love it, love it, love it!

Megalaros said...

Hey, that's some good gun-natomy!

Beauvilin said...

Yeah.. Romanek video was cool.
The guy is soooooo talented, the one he did for Keith Richards' "Wicked as It Seems" and N.I.N. "Closer" are fantastic... and Bowie's JUMP... beautiful..

Talking about JUMP...(^_^) this J.U.M.P. picture is fantastic too, you sure know how to tease us, any release date arrested for the book?

Best.

L.B.

Gambear1er said...

I cannot wait to see jump. Also eagerly waiting for obelisk.

Mystery of Albesila said...

I like a lot this image. Nice job on lineart!

MASSIMOasaro said...

wow great work
max from disney italy