“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, January 04, 2008

AWAY_update

There have been a few of you who I owe a commission to and have inquired about the status of the image. They're obviously done and it's just a matter of getting my holiday-lagged butt into the post office and sending it out. Apologies to all for the delay, but the cloud of dust, tinsel and confetti is finally starting to settle and I'm finally back on schedule again. Each of you who has a commission coming will be receiving and e-mail from me with the relative information.

I'd like to personally apologize for the delay and would like to thank you for your kind patience and patronage. I appreciate you guys holding your breaths this long.

Anyway, no new art as my week (as well as my weekend) will be jam-packed with activity. I'll be back on Sunday night with new stuff. Thanks again for waiting folks; both spectators and commissioners. I'll be back in two shakes. Until then - here's old stuff. I have no idea what they're for, but they'll make for a decent stop-gap until I return. At least I hope so. Enjoy!





17 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

The gap is nicely filled!

Brian said...

No problem my man, just pack that sucker carefully so the fine folks at the U.S. Post Office can't ruin it. Insurance is a nice back-up, but no replacement for a Canete original.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Brian.

Bohrer said...

Dude, this old stuff is amazing, your unique style is absolutely awesome!
I'm one of your fans ever!!
Happy 2008 and if you have a few seconds near by, please check my blog our my deviant, ok?

Thanks for the lights and take care!!
See ya

Frank Forte said...

nice poses

trialsze said...

These are some great designs. Hope you find a use for them. You so need an artbook to sell bro. I need to add it to my collection.

Chris Sims said...

Awesome lines and colors as always. I'm also digging the fashion.

Beautiful designs!

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

My Gawd Man!

My heart rises in my chest and the passion of forming imagery with line absolutely comes to a burn with the power of a nuclear fission. My gawd man, this is like Stelfreeze's best work on nextwave but done how I'd hoped he would. When I first saw your work I said "that's how I do it", as my light sketches always have more shape and power than when I water them down in refining. I was lucky enough to find a copy of IM: EtM #4 at my shop, and this just makes my love for your work run deep, seeing you do what you do best only with all the simplicity that I wish I had the balls to do if only on my good days. I want you to know you have a fan already who's mind and work you have affected thoroughly with your own, and I hope that you keep doing hwat you do for a long time to come. I will certainly keep watching.

Peace,
3!LL

Michael said...

great designs!

Brian said...

Trialsze,

Not sure this is quite what you had in mind, but Eric does have a sketchbook that he did with his friend the very talented Lauren Montgomery called "Beauty and the Beast" that is available through www.lulu.com

There is a direct link under product.

echoform said...

these are smacktackular!!! thanks for always sharing such cool stuff.


yongwoo.

Izzy Medrano said...

Beautiful work man. Totally inspiring. It was nice meeting you!

stephensanity said...

thanks for all this inspirational work.

i've been a fan of your work since oblagon but just found your blog now.

keep it up

Mel Celestial said...

I've always loved your style <3 it's got some nice flowy touch to it, and they always turn out awesome!

Angela said...

These are so great! The way you draw figures and poses..and especially feet, for some reason, makes me haaaappy...yay.

Frasier Olivier said...

excellent

naomiful said...

sigh... where's the smoke? You know the smoke makes your pieces dood ..

^O^

Mystery of Albesila said...

Very cool character designs.
My favorite is the girl :D