“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, December 07, 2007

VINTAGE_90 minutes

Eric writes:

"90 minute exercise done while listening to the Aerosmith song 'What It Takes' - love me that song. I don't know how many of these I have in me by way of the Absolut variety, but I'm guessing probably half a dozen more. I'd better get crackin'..."

So I've read a few emails from the good readers of this blog in support of Eric winning our bet. Good for Eric, I'm glad he has some people who have faith in him. That's really what good fans should do, support their pick. I just wish I could take all of your money too.

I have faith too. Faith in my ability to wash a car, but even more faith in my ability to put $10 to good use.

You might say, "Hey Jon, buying 'Rockband' isn't the wisest move in the world, don't you have bills to pay?"

And I would respond, "Find your own rockstar artist to bamboozle into an impossible feat!"
So here you go Canete fans, "Absolut Vintage". It's really too bad Eric doesn't drink, he's going to need something to ease the pain of an empty wallet.

9 comments:

naomiful said...

This girl totally has the same shoes as the other two in the last post ...

sigh - :P

Skotti said...

Okay, I'm sure I've never bored you with this story, but I used to have a mohawk.



Mohawks = win.

Lue Sang said...

LOL

You guys are hilarious!

I don't comment much on artist blog mainly because I tend to echo the sentiments of everyone else with the 'That's awesome!', 'You rock!' thing.

But I've got to say that having Mr. Tsuei (at least, that's who I think it is) 'take over' the blog for the time being has made Canete's blogspot pretty damn cool.

A bet? Mr. Tsuei's musings on said bet? Eric hiding under cottage cheese ridden butt cheeks? Funny sh*t.

Excellent illustrations so far Eric!! I'm cheering for ya man!! Don't let Jonathan get that copy of Rock Band!!

On a side note to Mr. Tsuei - you GOTTA get that game man!! I've only played demos but DAMN!!!

laters

VHS said...

Love the leg warmers! And the 'lectric guitar o' course.

Kimmychu said...

Mmmm, mohawk chick.

I think I shall let my hair grow longer and then cut it into a mohawk like that.

More mohawk chicks pls. :D

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

Your work is great! And your approach to inking looks loose and fun to do. I diggs.

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

Really nice work!

Toyebot said...

You can do iiiiitt!

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

At first glance I though it was a pic of the retro Storm. I liked her with that mohawk. Awesome pic either way.