“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, December 06, 2007

ABSOLUT_90 minutes



According to Eric:

" A preliminary sketch done for a digital painting I plan to do later, intended for portfolio purposes. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the background in the final, but it's a good place holder for now. My main concern is how to render a frosted bottle of Absolut in color - I've never had to do that before."

Whatever. You still ain't gonna get 30 images done, man. 'Render' that...

If you want to see some serious rendering, go visit Eric's buddy ANDY PARK - and yes, it's *that* Andy Park; rockstar comic book artist of "Tomb Raider" from Top Cow fame. But more importantly, Andy is now one of the main concept artists at SCE (that's Sony Computer Entertainment, for the non-gamer familiar) tasked to handle the franchise game "God Of War". You may have heard of it. Make with the clickie on his name there on on the side bar. Yeah - he's that good.

You still owe me six images, E. Whats the hold up? Haha!

4 comments:

jason quinones said...

i just came back from paris and i didn't see nothing like that!!

woulda been nice though but this pic is just as good.

ANX said...

You know E, I'll be sad for you if you don't make the 30 sketches for the month...but I tell ya we're all glad you're trying. More goodness for us to see.

Skotti said...

Oh Eric...



I'm sure I've told you this five hundred times, but I'll say it again.

The Girl Wonder and I love this sooooo much.

Chris Battle said...

Absolut-ely hot.