“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, November 24, 2007

SAMUS_90 minutes


They say turkey makes you sleepy due to some chemical called 'triptophan'. That may be true, but I've also come to find out that eating copious amounts of *any* food will also make you sleepy. That's called 'pigging out'. Like on BBQ chicken and ribs, for example. Come to think of it, watching friends eat copious amounts of food will also have the same effect on me.

Nothing like playing video games to stimulate the heart a little bit and keep the food coma at bay. Go 'Heavenly Sword'!

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well.

So...Samus is a girl?

11 comments:

Anders said...

excellent and ambitious point of view on this great Samus piece!
bravo!

Craig Zablo said...

Wowzers!

Djordje Zutkovic said...

Man, your artwork is inpirational! This shot of Samus is just awesome! The 90minute sketches are a great idea I think. I dont know how you can get so much detail and definition into your drawings in 90minutes! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Andre said...

That suit totally looks like its about to kick some ass!

Brian said...

Don't forget the booze, that helps with the sleepy big time.

As for today's drawing, I'm not into video games - please don't shun me - but I loves me some beautiful women with guns.

Pinflux said...

Whoa... I think I love you :O

Saskia said...

awwww, Metroid is one of my fav games ever. And yes , Samus is a girl (did you ever got the 100% endings ?)
+ i Wanted to thank you for your lovely comment, its such an honour for me + i was filled with joy that day =D

Joe Karg said...

I noticed you didn't draw Samus as the ball. A bold choice.

Tannerama said...

the gluttony fatigue you speak of my friend lovingly calls "the Itis" (pronounced like the last part of bronchitis). Thus, I have taken to calling it that too.

Skotti said...

Yup Samus is a girl, a very hot girl >.>


Yeah, my friends and I did a Guitar Hero 3 marathon to fight off the tryptophan. I'd play more Heavenly Sword... but the stuff leading up to fighting Flying Fox in his cage kinda put me off the game for a while. -.-

potato farm girl said...

Zero Suit!