“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

L.A. COMIC BOOK & SCI-FI CON_sketches




A few sketches from this past Sunday's comic book and sci-fi in Los Angeles. And you know this because that's the title/header for this entry. Duh.

The show went well. Thanks to Bruce Schwartz (the show's organizer/coordinator) for inviting me. Thanks to my buddy Jon who made sure I had everything with me - including my oft-times missing head. I got the chance to meet and chat it up a bit with cartoonist supreme Dean Yeagle (search for his work online if you don't know who he is). Simply amazing work. Most of all, I'd like to thank the dozen or so fans who stopped by the table to buy my books.

So here are just three sketches of the however many I did that afternoon. I figured: buy a book from me, get a free sketch. Which worked out fine. Thanks to the guys who were kind enough to scan and send me these. Much appreciated, gents. Okay, back to work.

11 comments:

jason quinones said...

your artwork is FEARLESS!

it seems like once you've drawn your 1st initial gestures lines you stick with it no matter how exaggerated! which gives your art work all that much more motion and action which is usually lost in the final renderings by most other artists!

i am referring especially to that 1st cap piece!

Craig Zablo said...

Love the buy the book get a sketch deal! Mike Wieringo would do the same thing... great minds and artists think alike!

Kimmychu said...

I SEE FEET.

John Rauch said...

Gorgeous! That Cap rules!

Brian said...

Great sketches Eric, wish I could have been there.

Okoya_Designs said...

Great work man!!

GhettoFab said...

so much power! Simply amazing

Bill Murphy said...

Thanks again for the Cap sketch, it rocks. I'm getting that puppy framed and hung up on my wall.

RLS said...

Amazing sketches, Eric. I don't know which is my favourite. They're all awesome in different ways!

Kid Kalig said...

I love the flow in that Captain America, dude. You truly are the master.

rory said...

Cap pic = 10 tons of awesomeness! Great stuff as usual!