“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, November 03, 2007

ICHABOD_90 minutes


This one's a bit late as I had meant it to be my Happy Halloween greeting. 'Better late than even later,' I always say.

So instead, I'm going to tell you guys about my appearance at a local (read: small and intimate - which is really cool to me) comic book convention here in L.A. - the Los Angeles Comic Book and Science Fiction Convention at the Shrine Auditorium tomorrow. I'll be there from 12PM to 3PM, signing/selling some copies of IM:ETM (I don't know how many copies of issues #1 and #2 I have so if you've bought your own please bring them by) and doing sketches. If you can, please drop by and say 'hello' so I don't make a complete fool of myself, sitting there all by my lonesome. Heh.

Seriously though, please click on the link above to find out the details (address/directions, featured guests, etc.) - the highlight of the show for me is that *maybe* they'll show clips from the new 'Aliens vs Predator' movie! I'm such a nerd.

Anyway - Happy Halloween, everybody! Have fun trick or treating, and don't eat too much candy! It'll give you a stomach ache!

11 comments:

OWEN FREEMAN said...

Man, the force of that foreground horse's leg against the ground is incredible. Really nice piece, Eric!

Walter Gatus said...

That's awesome man. Icabod never looks so scurred. I was going to take my boy to the convention tomorrow anyway. I'll stop by.

VHS said...

Marvelous!

Mark said...

I wish you had a class on how to capture the moment perfectly on paper. I would pay anything to attend. Awesome stuff as usual Eric.

arnie said...

unfortunately you were a tad bit late with this post, as well as the info, so lonesome you may be. but here you will get love, all the love a of a star...

BTW what's the update on the "90 minute sessions" sketchbook?

peace out

Adam said...

Wish I could make it, I would love to have a sketch! But I've got work. Crummy ole work. Anyway, hope you have fun. Keep up the great work!

Fresh Monkey said...

I'll be at the con & stop on by. I'd love to get a sketch, but I'm low on the $$$ at the moment. Also I put a link to your blog over on my blog, hope that's cool.

-Bill

azhar said...

damn!..what an energetic dramatic angle & awesome angle...

always have this problem when drawing..finding the right angle...

wish i can be there in LA...
sigh..thats the setback when you are in another part of the world...

sigh..

err...could you tell me what method of inking you are using?..brush?..crowquill....pen?

enlight me..

Brian said...

One of my all time favorite scary stories rendered by one of my favorite artists. A Happy Halloween indeed.

Wish I was in the LA area, as I'd definitely prefer seeing you at a show to raking leaves here in jolly young New England.

Reuxben said...

Wow, this is one of the most inspirational pieces I've ever seen here. Just looking at the ground make me feel that tremendous speed. Really, really cool.

Reuben

jason quinones said...

amazing sense of speed and movement!

fantastic work as usual!