“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, October 26, 2007

MORNING DEW_90 minutes


So, I finally got the sprinkler system fixed in my lawn and the reseeding is going well. Grass is beginning to sprout up and the area in front of my house (and in the back yard as well, but that is less important to the totalitarian, big brother-like governing system that's in my city) doesn't look like a total wasteland anymore. This is a good thing because the city in which I live had given me notice that my front yard, and I'm paraphrasing here, "...isn't up to par," and I that I should do something about it before they fine me.

Oh, good.

Anyway, in order to commemorate my lawn turning away from death-knell brown to spring time green (during winter season, no less) I started drawing Poison Ivy, then I realized Ivy doesn't really wear a dress or sit around being nude, so it turned into something else; a springtime tribute to my lawn during the winter season. If you haven't noticed by now she's unfinished and that's because I ran out of time. Coloring something, as opposed to just inking it, takes longer than 90 minutes to complete. That's good to know.

Have a great weekend all!

7 comments:

Joe Karg said...

Nice work man. The colors feel really watercolory. It would be cool to see you explore this type of finish more often.

ryan cody said...

Beautiful.

Creepstown said...

I think she's lovely, unfinished or not, and there's some great colors there.

-V-

RLS said...

That looks great. I love the serene pose and the content expression on her face. Beautiful colours. That's just the perfect colour pallette.

Aaron said...

man you got some very inspiring stuff on your blog. great work!

Pinflux said...

Wow! Beautiful, peaceful image - and the colours are lovely! I don't think I've seen your coloured work before... I'd love to see more, but I know it does take a lot longer - would you consider doing one every month or two instead of your usual inked work?

rory said...

Hey , just want to say I'm feelin' ya on the lawn care...I live where it's VERY hot and my yard totally died this summer...only winter grass and LOTS of water can save it...awesome pic, btw!