“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, October 28, 2007

MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE_90 minutes


Took a little break and drew 'Skeletor'. I forgot the name of his cat friend. I thought it was 'Panthro' but that's wrong. That's another kind of cat - a Thundercat.

Wanna see a real Thundercat? Visit my friend NAOMI BAKER and her blog! Click on her name either in the right-hand side bar there or above. You'll find all of her development work and paintings that she does either for fun or (ready to get sick?) ...school. The woman is still in *school*. Ugh. That makes me queezy just thinking about her potential.

Anyhoo, she's awesome like you wouldn't believe. Like Panthro.

18 comments:

COMIKXGUY said...

this girl needs a book stat!

her work reminds me of david mack

good shtuff

xxsp!racy said...

really nice. Actually the cat's name is "Panthor" I believe. Generic, I know, but that was just Mattel's style back then.

RLS said...

That's the coolest most kickass-looking skeletor I've ever seen. I could actually believe that he's a credible threat to He-man if he's visualized like that.

Chris Battle said...

Dang-- every dopey idea in the world gets 12 times cooler if you draw it.

Francis Vallejo said...

Man your line work is bananas. Congrats on all the success!!!
take care,
-francis

Ungeheier said...

I like your work a lot, but the face on Skeletor I just couldnt see it the first time i looked at it. The shadow from his hood blends too much into the background.

Hope this comment helps some.

Sandro said...

Eric...your work is amazing...wonderfull!!!
I link your blog in mine...
See you soon


-S-

arnie said...

that is awsome....again.

peace out

da janx said...

Eric. Your blog is one of my favorite daily shots of creative genius.

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

Mattel Generic...I'd say! :D Like common "He-Man". They should have called him Guy-Man, or Dude-guy. Hehe whatever, Ive been a fan since I was 3or 4yrs old.
I love the Pic :D

Jörn Gebert said...

Thats really great stuff i see here. I like the way you use the white space.

clem said...

Pics like that show why you're a cut above the rest. You can make the cheesiest He-man character look cool, while he's sitting on a giant cat no less.

And you wonder why I still want that Cybernary art...
:)

Montserrat said...

Like always, your draws are fantastics!! I like so much as you compose with few elements, is a wonder.

Montserrat said...

Wooow!!! Your draw is so elegant!!!! I like so much how you use the "action line" (I don´t know if is the just word in english...). Very dinamic!

santisan said...

I think you work is amazing and your blog is great!! thanks!! if you wanna see my work: http://santisan4.blogspot.com/

COMIKXGUY said...

i like how you mention a good artist like naomi and everyone only mentions yours

just being honest :)

naomi is good!

azhar said...

another refreshing look on Skeletor..

just finish reading Ironman: enter the mandarin#2. great energetic work as usual...just can't get enough of your work..

yup...always drop by your blog...need to learn more from your masterpiece..

Playkill said...

Damn that skeletor is kickass!