“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

BABS, HARLEY & PAM_commission


I've got to get a new, large format scanner just as soon as I can afford it. The one I have now isn't very good. I'm sure I could make-do with slapping a larger image end over end using a standard sized scanner, but it starts to become really inconvenient when it comes time to compositing it on Photoshop, then cutting and trimming and blah, blah, blah. I mean, this image isn't all that detailed but the finer points are totally blurred out because the large format scanner I have doesn't do it's job very well. Ugh! Such an annoyance - when things that don't work as well as they should!

Heh. I'm laughing at myself because I'm griping on my own blog. It's like talking to myself, but not as many funny noises.

Anyhoo...I'll upload another, better quality scan later when I get the...

You know what? I'm gonna re-scan it right now using the other scanner. Hold on a minute....

Okay, cool. All done. And here you go.

Yep, I've definitely gone mental.

16 comments:

Bill said...

man, I wish this was mine. Great layout and execution, Eric. You're amazing!!

COMIKXGUY said...

amazing but mental :)

Reynes said...

Fantastic composition and superb inking :)
I hope you'll make a sketchbook with all the commissions you have drawn !

mikolaj said...

Very good pic man ! i like your drawings very much ! :)

VHS said...

Now that's a complicated composition. Sheesh! Good job.

Chris Sims said...

Gone mental, huh? That explains a lot. I heard that crazy people draw really well. That must be how you became so damn good.

Romain Ronzeau said...

Man, your blog is filled with incredibles pieces, and this one is no exception. The dynamic created by the dollar bills works especially well!

Geoff said...

Once again, great work.

Alex said...

I just learned that you're from Cebu! And that made me want not to give up improving my art! I'm going to spread your stuff to my fellow Cebuanos, since there's also a lot of us here who are aspiring to break into the animation/comics industry. :D

Odon said...

You rock man! Great stuff, very inspiring. And the 90 minute thing is a great idea. Wish I'd seen you at the SD Con.

What scanner would you recommend? And actually which one are you complaining about, so I can avoid it? Thanks, D

Nexxorcist said...

two syllables... cintiq! ;)

Toyebot said...

love the layout..awesome

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

Great movement in that piece. I missed the first issue of your Iron Man deal, but just got the second and WOW! I'm going to make sure I have the rest held for me, as this is just a bible of artistic style.

Great Stuff!
3!LL

oouie2000 said...

Beautiful! I'm gonna have to get a commission from you at some point.
Love your stuff so much now that I'm thinkin of having you marry my sister so I can have access to your stuff at all times.
Great work.

Sebastien Gallego said...

you rock!

gregory said...

eric,
your work continues to inspire me again and again. i check this site every few days hoping for another new drawing from you...having a new one on their simply makes my artistic day. it literally kicks my ass into a higher drawing gear for the day. i hope all is well with you bro.
gregory titus
gregorytitus.com