“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, September 01, 2007

BAM!_commission


One more down. The list is getting smaller. Well...not really. It's shorter by two since this one and the Deadman image. The rest of you, please hold your breath a while longer. Especially you, Dave; I'll get that Superman/Batman image right one of these days.

And for some odd reason, some of the nice comments that you guys are posting aren't showing up in my mailbox so that I may moderate them - some of them go as far back as three days ago. I'm not sure if that's a Blogger thing or something from my end, but rest assured, I'm not excluding anything you guys comment on. Can't approve the comments until they tell me I've got new ones, you know? My apologies.

Enjoy your holiday weekend. Hey, with the Labor Day thing coming up, is that officially the end of summer? Awww, sucks.

6 comments:

Phil said...

Sweet Hellboy Eric!

Craig Zablo said...

On the internet it can be an endless summer... if you only believe! ; )

arnie said...

you make a pretty good helboy artist ec. i only say that because your a lot easier to talk to than Mignola...and to get a sketch from...or an autograph...

lets face it, he's an awesome artist with social attitude of a rock.

peace out

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

Wow.

3!LL

hawaiian dave said...

Ha, I know you're close to nailing that Bats/Supes Eric! Till then, I'll just have to enjoy Iron Man Enter the Mandarin #1; coming out this Wednesday! Enjoy the weekend, Peace!

Neil Hill said...

Completely stupdendous Hellboy rendition, Eric! Also, I think it's even more interesting that you posed him in mid-action, rather than standing at attention in his signature duster with gun raised (or something similiar), as many other artists (including myself) often do. You made the character completely your own, and that I admire greatly.