“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, August 30, 2007

BRAND_commission


Here's another case where I wrote down the image someone wanted me to draw but completely neglected to note who it was for, their contact information, etc. So if *you*, person who maybe still visits my blog and have asked me to do a Deadman image, would be so kind as to drop me an e-mail at the address listed to the right and claim your original, I would greatly appreciate it.

Speaking of a dead man (well...less 'dead man' and more like 'dead-tired man', I suppose), an interview I did for the Comic Art Fans boards is up. If you're unfamiliar with this website, it's a fascinating community of collectors, artists, and fans (duh!) where they exhibit their personal collections of original comicbook art. Plug in any and all of your favorite comicbook artists and see what pops up! The folks there have the most insane collections.

Anyway, thanks to Jason Versaggi for the opportunity and for handling me with kid gloves (much appreciated, man!) - all part of the hype that is the forthcoming "Iron Man: Enter The Mandarin" mini-series. If you're so inclined, please visit [HERE] - read along, have a few laughs at my expense, then come back here and tell me how disgusting a veggie pizza with anchovies sounds to you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Oh, wait! While I have the 'Deadman' theme going, here are a couple of pretty hilarious quotes from Sen. Larry Craig's statement about his recent...um...'excursion' to a men's public bathroom. Little did he know that he was soliciting an undercover police officer:

"In June, I overreacted and made a poor decision. While I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct at the Minneapolis airport or anywhere else, I chose to plead guilty to a lesser charge in the hope of making it go away."


And another: "Let me be clear: I am not gay and never have been."

Haha! Brilliant! I have never heard a man backpedal so fast about his guilt, both public and private! Yet another reason to never ever trust a public official and much less a public official with two first names.

6 comments:

Neil Hill said...

I'm not the guy who asked for this commission, but speaking of, I emailed you several weeks ago about possibly putting together a commission sketch for me. I can re-send the request if you'd like.

BTW, I'm a huge Deadman fan, and this sketch about made my day! Very cool rendition.

rory said...

Just have to say, this blog has become a daily visit. Fantastic art!I am so looking forward to that Iron-man series, thanks for the great work.

capprotti said...

This is SICK. Wish I had commisioned it. You can never go wrong with Deadman. (unrelated) do you know where to find any of Stoneman's art online. Never saw his stuff, it looks really nice. I'd like to see more.

Mike

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

Ditto on the daily visit thing. First I was intrigued by your art, now I'm addicted to it. :)

3!LL

James said...

Re: the interview - You crazy? Your Wolverine rocks ass.

Reynes said...

As usaul, great design, image composition, inking and sense of anatomy... I am jalous ! ;)