“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, July 13, 2007

GARGOYLES_90 minutes.


I forgot to draw the the chubby one, 'Broadway' - who (growing up as a chubby guy myself) was the one I related to. For shame. Actually, his girth was my enemy as I had filled this image's composition to its limit. Oh, well. Next time I'll plan better.

And I wanted to make up for the fact that I practically ('practically'?! - more like 'absolutely'!) drew the same pose on two different images, so I decided to overcompensate by putting crap-load of characters in this one. Sorry for that previous and unintentional FUBAR, folks. I'll try to keep that to a minimum.

10 comments:

Carlitos said...

dammit Eric!!! stop it!!! you draw too much and are making me feel bad!!! :)

Dude, REALLY digging your new 'brushier' stuff... almost looks "Frenchy"!

take care Sir,

Carlos D'Anda

Brian said...

More like a 90 Minute Masterpiece.

I've said it before, and will say it again, your sense of composition is incredible.

Looking forward, I know, I know, I'm way down on the list, but a man can dream, to seeing what you do with Margo and the Shadow

Chris Sims said...

Okay, Now your just showing off! This piece is just unbelievable.

I don't know how you do it.

Dave Kim said...

wow, you did this in 90 minutes?!
good lord. awesome.

i saw your name on the artist alley list for chicago. are you going to be bringing any of your sketchbooks to sell?

i'll see you in the windy.

bistroboy said...

he eats baby

that his secret,well,it must be that

anyway,because of this pic,I feel like in school again,my favorite was the doggy one,except i never understood why he could'nt talk,was that because he had no wings

no flying no talking
that's how it goes there

so well thanks again for bringing stuff out of darkness like that,in a pretty way

jason said...

Seeing as how you are gracing us with great art on a regular basis, I dont think anyone is going to complain about a few similar poses.

Kylie DiOrio said...

I remember this show! Ohhh you and you giving me flashbacks. All the Gargoyles are so awesomely made, to how they were. Along with that........I forgot what she was, but that human lady. So cool and you have her hugging the dog one, EXTRA cool.

But the linework again is beautiuful, and I like the partly done city scape*hell love the cityscape PERIOD.*

Ugh like everyone else you doing this in 90 minutes is blowing my mind. So I'll just ignore that "90 minutes." part of the title.

Ryan Cody said...

I think the chubby one is Brooklyn right? Not Broadway. Hell, I dunno, another gorgeous piece Eric.

Guillermo P. Mogorrón said...

Great drawing, nothing to say sorry about, you are doing it great, man.

Nexxorcist said...

holy crap, im watching Gargoyles right now!