“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, July 23, 2007

BELLE PRINT_update


As promised, here is the print I've produced for the BVS table (conveniently located at Table E1 in the Small Press Area) for this year's Comic Con International: San Diego. It's entitled "Belle" and is show limited at 20 copies at $30.00USD. Please come buy, pick one up, and show your support.

I think the final image looks beautiful and only made so not because of my line art (which was mediocre, at best) but because of the color stylings of one talented Saskia Gutekunst - check out her link, drop her a note to tell her how marvelous she is. Outside of me doing a couple of touch-ups here and there, the success of this image comes from the 100% bang-up job Saskia did. And I'm sure you all agree, right? I'd like to thank her again for the collaboration and hopefully the response to this at the show will match my enthusiasm.

San Diego, here we come! Woot!

18 comments:

Reynes said...

This illustration is gorgeous ! Très belle !

The Jump pages are incredibles, so dynamic ! No doubt you'll find a publisher and if not just contact a french one I'm sure your style would be appreciate in France.

MalArte said...

WOOOW you havbe a very good style i love you drawline. I link you!

COMIKXGUY said...

:] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :]

SEE YA TOMORROW KAHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :] :]

Chris Sims said...

WOW, Saskia is a Goddess!

Guillermo P. Mogorrón said...

Hey, gimme time, you are posting lots of great pics and I have no time to tell you how good they are^^.
Kudos for you.

Dapper Dan said...

Had a blast looking over your work here. Excellent goodies, and I'll be sure to stop by in Chicago. Cheers

gdeo said...

one word...Beautiful!!!

Tony Shasteen said...

Amazing! Hope to meet you in San Diego... if the crowds don't get too insane.

Scott(y) said...

oh . . . wow . . .

Kid Atomic said...

I love that image. Any chance there'll be a reprint available for purchase on-line at some point (for poor students who can't make it down to San Diego)?

Brian said...

I really liked the line work on your Belle when I first saw it, but I am in full agreement with you that the gorgeous colors take it to another level.

Wish I was in San Diego.

Saskia said...

It was apleasure working with you :)

Suzi said...

That turned out gorgeous! Do you have plans to colorize the other fairy tale art you did earlier this year?

Wish I was going to Comic Con; I'd love to snag one of those.

Saeta said...

¡¡BELLÍSIMO!!

Alexiev said...

Muy buenos trabajos... este de la bella y la bestia esta buenísimo... me impresiono... saludos desde Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Nahrin said...

Ugh I wish I had checked your blog before the Con, so I'd have known to come by your table first. ....dangnabbit. That is one gorgeous piece!

Gabriele Pennacchioli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabriele Pennacchioli said...

Thanks again for the gorgeous drawing on my sketchbook. I love it!
I just posted a picture of you on my blog, have a look.
Ciao