“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK_90 minutes


You may play LL Cool J's 'Mama Said Knock You Out' for the full effect of that statement.

Anyway, I didn't equip Bane what the Flemish call his 'accoutrement' - his trademark mask, his trademark venom gauntlet, his trademark costume, etc - so he may not be so easily reconizable. Whatever. Bats is about to choke the accoutrement out of you, you Lucha Libre reject.

BTW, 90 minute exercises are back. Thanks to my buddy, Norm Ryang, for reminding me that I used to be able to do this sh*t daily, and to Wes Alvitre for her lullaby-ish comment on the previous post. Forgot the point of the blog for a month or two there. Apologies, all - allow me to remedy that.

10 comments:

Thierry martin said...

waw.

Frasier Olivier said...

excellent...I love the pose.

CosmicPencil said...

I kind of actually like Bane. He seemed to be one of the more successful 'modern' villains for DC or Marvel. It seems as if any other new villains created just up and disappear and the big two go back to sporting the 'classic' villains.

Enjoying the invoked eye movement in this piece and it's good to see those 90 minute drawings coming back.

-matt

Nerd Deluxe said...

Hands down, all too badass!! Bat's pose is awesome, and the batarang/rope thing is great!

Mark Behm said...

Sweet! Don't know how you fit it in, but I'm glad to have my eye candy back.

RLS said...

Fantastic. Great movement and composition in this one. Bane is a bit big, though. I don't think he was quite Hulk-size but I love the exaggeration.

Bobby Chiu said...

Awesome stuff. Super fresh

gdeo said...

this looks fantastic...cannot wait for your iron man comic...keep up the great work!

Brian said...

I love this piece. Great composition and I knew it was Bane right off the bat - pun intended.

Art said...

"Acoutrements" would be French.

Flemish people would probably say "dingske", heh.

I Heart your blog, by the way. :-)