“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, June 29, 2007

A DAY LATE_90 minutes


"Ever watch G4's 'Attack of the Show'? I get to watch that show completely by accident because my buddy Jon loves him some Olivia Munn...."

"...Don't watch TV. It'll just slow you down".




So yeah...after posting as I did earlier this morning, I gave it some thought, realized I'm a TERRIBLE jerk and decided to just take it down. I've left the main points as to why I'm a day behind with this 90 minute exercise, but everything else in the middle was mean-spirited, not at all productive and just plain bad for karma.

Okay, that's all. Apologies for the soapbox. So to recap:

"Boooo Canete. Hoooray Munn!"

10 comments:

andy kuhn said...

eric,

that's a helluva beautiful wolverine/electra drawing!your work is inspiring and frustrating all at the same time. you're just too damn good!!! i am in complete awe of the way you've reinvented your style over the past few years. your new work has so much life, it makes me cry. i'm glad you are back to doing the 90 minute drawings, and i can't wait for your iron man mini. stay awesome!

gavada said...

You are so exactly 100% correct about that show and channel. It's such a waste and the fake people that host every show are just pretending that they actually know what they're talking about. It's so lame and I can't understand for the life of me who actually takes those no talent @$$ clowns seriously (yeah I'm not so original either). But NEwayz, your Elektra and Wolverine is freaking awesome and I love your work so much Eric. It keeps getting better and better. I'm really looking forward to your Iron Man story and I'd love to see you do more work with Marvel. Thanks for being awesome.

Thierry martin said...

magnifique composition..

Craig Zablo said...

Love your work!

Nerd Deluxe said...

The anatomy in perspective is absolutely top notch!!

William Dean Blankenship Jr. said...

It's rare I see an artist and am immediately attracted in a raw way. You're that artist. I'm new to you, but everything I see is beautiful.

3!LL

Adam Ford said...

I really love how you have these curvelinear lines to desribe your figures contours, and they still have a really solid and tangible feel.

virginia critchfield said...

I really dig your stuff. It is dynamic and powerful. I'm glad to see you back and wish you continued success in your endevors.

Mario said...

Are you going to have some books for sale at comic con? If so what booth number do you have?

Thanks,

Mario

Tanqueta said...

You are si good!! This illustration is great, and the characters are my favourites. Adios.
Diego