“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, May 10, 2007

THANK YOU_update


How BAD ASS would it be if all these Macross guys flew in one fighter squadron together? Those bastard Zentradi wouldn't stand a chance! Or what if they broke off into teams and went against each other?! INSANITY! Focker and Dyson vs. Sterling and Bowman? That would be so crazy to watch! Woot! Well, I was supposed to color this thing in. I've been trying to practice more with my color and technique, but (as I'm about to explain) I'm just so short on time these days. So all you get is this simple line version. For now.

So as many of you may have guessed, I am working on some book with a guy wearing an outfit made of iron. Please keep an eye out for it when it comes out - eventually. More importantly, please buy it and tell your friends who wouldn't be caught dead buying comic books to buy it too. Please?

And that leads me into this: There's not going to be enough time in the day for me to continue to put up my 90 minute exercises, *and* work on the comic book, *and* some other animated thing I'm not at liberty to talk about, *and* whatever cockamamie thing comes into my small brain. That said, I must kindly, temporarily excuse myself from posting on this blog as consistently (um...sort of) as I have been. Well...if you think that I've posted sporadically before, it's even going to be even more (or is it less?) so now. It won't be a complete shut-down. Maybe a couple things, maybe some 'Rocket House' strips (oh yeah...sorry for not posting the new one this past Sunday. That really shows how busy I've been - but it is forthcoming. I've already got it penciled in), and maybe a couple of panels from the 6 issue mini-series as I have been the past couple of days. You know, the funny thing is, if you guys go to the very first post I ever put up, this was blog was supposed to be the chronicling of my foray back into the comic book industry. Well, here I am drawing a guy wearing Iron Pants! So, I guess I can check that off in the 'Mission Accomplished' category, yeah? The tough part is that now I've actually got to go and actually execute it! Crazy!

So 'Thank You' to all of you who visit regularly. There are exciting times up ahead, so please come back now and again and I'll be sure to keep everyone in the loop as soon as I am able. But for now I bid you all a brief 'adieu', and I'll see you all back here here in a bit.

Again, thanks. I owe you all a bundle.

20 comments:

Nexxorcist said...

Hey Eric, if you send me a high res of this, Ill color it.

nexxorcist@yahoo.com

-Mike "El Loco One" said...

Whoa, that's really sharp and technically gorgeous!

Brian said...

The glory that will be your Iron Man mini more than makes up for what now sounds like a much longer wait for those of us well down that commission list of yours. But, like the man says, the regular comics work pays the rent and has to come first.

Chrispy said...

Im just gonna be straight up and say it, YOU ARE A BEAST! I cant even focus on how AMAZING the cartoon concepts would be, because im so AMAZED at the drawing man, DAMN YOU! Sick Illo though man, and i cant wait for that Iron man to hit the shelves, if it comes early enough i may buy it for my mom for mothers day.....hey you said who wouldn't be caught dead, lol.

Chris Battle said...

DUDE! Dude. ......dooooood.

The inner 14 yr. old MACROSS geek in me is goin' crazy.

Nerd Deluxe said...

Can't wait for the release!

Sam Rowan said...

bastard Zentradi!!! hahaha that really funny sweet composition in this one man
plus i love robotech and macross

DIE!!! Zentradi SCUM !!!

Chris Sims said...

Could that animated thing have something to do with a chick blasting twin pistols while wearing daisy dukes?

I read that Peter Chung was working on something with this character and figured that you'd be right there by his side.

shou' said...

You left out the big master out of all of them: Maximilian Jenius! He is the man with the plan seeing how he did save the entire human race by marrying a bootiful Zentradi~

Oh and nice lines ;)

Jonboy! said...

Eric! Man great stuff can't wait to peep out the Iron Man stuff when I drops! When does it come out??? Keep up the great work man--you're a total inspiration!

m.j. Nuñez said...

Exelente work... motivante to continue drawing.
Greetings

ButterfishManiac said...

great stuff, I get more andmore inspired when I come here. It also shames me on how weak I am on my own updates..;-)

trialsze said...

Isamu and Roy on the same team. That would be awesome. Macross plus is by far my favorite anime of all time. Just great stuff. I love what you did with the characters.

Mastro Pagliaro said...

wow! veramente molto bravo!
Ciao

Neil said...

Aw, crap! Just when I discovered your blog.

Wandingo said...

THIS IS AN AMAZING PIECE!! And I know you are only saying this, within a few weeks, you will be posting some crazy stuff again.

I will be checking.

Reynes said...

I've just visited your blog... wow it's incredible ! Great works !

Chris Sims said...

Jus letting you know newsarama just posted some preview pages of you Ironman run

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/Wack/BackWack.html

Marcelo Vignali said...

WOW, that's hot! Whadda great looking sketch. I'd love to see a colored version of this. Do you think you'll have the time to color it and post it for us?

the Incredible Andy said...

Good 'ol Robotech. There are so many good drawings on this blog that I barely know where to start. Wonderful pile of work.