“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, April 16, 2007

SOLID_90 minutes


"What're you going to do with 12% body fat?"

"I dunno...be muscular, I guess."


"Then what?"

"I dunno...look good for the ladies?"


"Nice. High five."

True story. I was standing in line yesterday at the local Baja Fresh and these two guys (I say *two* guys, but spatially they were taking up the space of maybe three guys...okay, three and three quarter guys - you get the picture) actually had this conversation. It's what happens when I'm stupid and nosy enough to drop eves. This ought to learn me my lesson. Oh, and fellas? As much as I applaud the effort (and ESPECIALLY the 'high-five') you might want to take it easy on the side order of guacamole and extra red sauce if you want to look good for the ladies.

8 comments:

murf said...

The sound of the wind passing thru
those gents' ears mustve been thunderous!

I quite liked the Tinkerbell entry.

Nice. High five.

Rick Lacy said...

love snake! great inking and composition.

High five indeed!

RLS said...

Another beaut, Eric. Love the diagonals.

dustin said...

but baja doesnt have those delicious shrimp burritos like rubios though...!

Nuno Plati said...

Man, you´re destroying us with your stuff. Amazing work, and i´ve followed your stuff since the Verotika times,the transition from the more angular style to the more animated one has been a joy to watch. Great , great work!

All the best!

Nuno

If you have the time drop by my blog at http://nunoplati.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

12%? That's nothing. Even I can beat that. Art Lee's got 8%. Those guys can shove it. And Snake looks nice too.

weshoyot said...

hahahahha! love the stuff you write about....but i must agree with another poster, rubios is much better ^_^

francis tsai said...

hehe gotta start somewhere I guess - 12% might be a good goal for someone at say 30%.

love the sketch!