“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

HADOUKEN!


Actually, I don't know if any of these characters from Street Fighter actually use that attack? Maybe Sakura? I don't know. I have no business drawing nor coloring this image since I'm not a SF fan. But I figured anything to get me out my my comfort zone of just drawing superhero-type stuff all day can only help? Okay, more later.

Oh, and I don't know if that over-saturation of color is on my screen of it's really how it looks. I haven't calibrated this monitor since I got it so it's always a surprise when I transfer stuff from the Cintiq to this thing. Oh well - I'll get it right someday.

10 comments:

RLS said...

Wow. That's beautiful, Eric. I love those thick Chun Li legs. I like this outfit a lot better than her other regular one.
Fantastic colors dude. I don't think it's too saturated at all. It gives you a nice dusk-like atmosphere.

weshoyot said...

YES! the jumpsuit! awesome! im a pretty big streetfughter fan myself. can K-O almost anyone with chun li's "whirlwind kick" HIYAH!!!!!!!!!

great image! and i really like the super saturation of color!

Chris Sims said...

Amazing work Eric! I love SF and you definitely did justice to these characters!

COMIKXGUY said...

KAHN!

now do a og chun li vs. aberto ruiz's mayan samurai




(you guyz knew i was going to chime in on this one, right?)

Lue Sang said...

Not a fan of SF? Meh... me neither. Been loving the last few installements of the VF series. Plus I'm more a fan of the ol' SNK fighters.

Wonderful piece, Eric. Wish I knew what the writing at the bottom said :)

Ryan Cody said...

I love this Eric,it got me starting my own series of SF2 sketches.

Eddy said...

SWEET! Looks like they're all stretching before stepping into the ring and kicking some A$$!

I always loved Chun-Li's tracksuit too!!

-Eddy

Gigi Cave said...

I LOVE this blog!!!

potato farm girl said...

Hadouken is one of my favorite words! I like the purple cintiq shadows, they are cool.

arnie said...

dude, come on eric "90 minute sessions" the skectch book... i know i'm being a pest, well actually i don't know if you're even listening to me at all, but the sqeaky fan gets the sketch book. whether you think you are qualified to draw anything is un-important, that's for us to decide.

peace out