“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, April 27, 2007

GOD OF DOUBLESHOT_90 minutes


Less than, actually. Not much of a sketch today.

I was watching my friend Jon play the PS2 version of 'God of War 2' and thought, "There's a bald, tattooed guy on a flying horse with fiery wings jumping onto attacking griffins, ripping their wings off as he goes. Interesting. Jeez, Jon must be pushing every button on that damn controller! I miss 'Pitfall' and 'Missile Command'. If I had a Flux Capacitor and a steel bodied DeLorian, I'd hit 88.8MPH, crank it up to 1.21 gigawatts, travel back to 1985 and make those Atari guys' heads explode. Man, this looks good on my 1080 widescreen plasma. I'm gonna go buy a PS3 and an XBOX 360 with a HD DVD expansion. It'll be so cooooool..."

Things like that. So, much like this drawing, my thinking is very stream-of-consciousness today. It probably doesn't help that I'm a bit jittery because I just drank a can of Starbucks double-shot with nothing else in my stomach. I don't know. So I have no point nor agenda with this blog entry except to tell all of you that this Sunday I'm posting another strip of 'Rocket House'. Oh, and to tell those of you who've posted and spoken up for me on that phantom Deviant Art site that you guys are awesome. Thanks a bundle. And the doppel-KAHNEHTEH has already re-posted the Bebop image. 'Phantom Bebop' he's titled it. At least he's a funny bastard.

2 comments:

weshoyot said...

your posts always crack me up. thanks for the smile :)

oh yah, and to beat any would be stalkers at their own game, i opened a deviant art account today, as well as posted my version of me as a superhero. check it out when you get some time.

laterz

Megalaros said...

We know we've always thought about traveling back in time and showing yourself the games of the future. However; there are some of those golden games that however dated, still look good and have "atmosphere".

It's all about keeping someone excited.