“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, April 30, 2007

BELLE_90 minutes


This past weekend, I was inspired by my friend who had a folder full (overflowing, actually) of original drawings (rough pencils, finished inks, et al) - the contents of which were mostly Disney themed. I felt like it was the most humbling experience I've ever been through in long, long a while. The images were unabashedly raw, determined, and, most importantly, truly inspired. Really beautiful work. I hope the 'rush' those images gave me lasts all week, as I'll try to do more of my take on the themes I saw in that folder. Again, the key word being 'try'. I'm pretty jazzed! Okay, bye!

9 comments:

Colin Peters said...

That's gorgeous. Really, really nice.

weshoyot said...

"try" that's exactly my mentality after i see your prolific blogs........

Brian said...

Flat out beautiful.

Lue Sang said...

Heh. I hit this blog every morning to get my daily dose of inspiration... and humility.

Beautiful piece today. It may be the story behind the image, but it comes across as heartbreaking.

Toxicphisch said...

Definitely the best rendering of the beast so far...

drawingnikki said...

awesome! thanks for sharing.

Jorge said...

Great piece, amazing blog! Your artwork never ceases to inspire !

gdeo said...

I love this one ...one of my favorite disney movies and characters.great job eric!

Claudia said...

Today I discover your blog. Great works!