“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, March 17, 2007

YOUNG AVENGERS_commission


For those of you who don't know, Wizard World:Los Angeles is in town until Sunday and I have a table in Artists' Alley between the incomparable Dustin Nguyen and the legendary Whilce Portacio. Please drop by, pick up some free postcards, and check out my new sketchbook, HALOGEN:HALO. I'm also selling a handful of the 90 minute sketches I've posted on this blog, so if you're interested in picking up originals from yours truly, I'll have them on the table.

Speaking of sketchbooks, HALOGEN:HALO is now available online for purchase by clicking on this here link: LINK. You must have a PayPal account, however and if you don't well that's just tough balls. Haha! Seriously, it's easy enough to set up with a major credit card, you'll support my habitual art supply tendencies and once all 200 copies of the books are sold, that's all there is! So please pick one up from me at the show or via the BVS website. Thanks in advance for the support!

Oh, yeah - here's an image I did as a commission at the show. More later - especially about the new book I'm working on. See yah!

5 comments:

Brian said...

It's amazing what you can do with a con sketch. Hard to believe your able to produce something so beautiful with all that Con Chaos around you.

Chris Sims said...

I ordered the book, now if I could just get my hands on one of those 90 minute sketches...

potato farm girl said...

Eeeeee! I will get it soon, along with the Beauty and the Beast sketchie book. I was wondering where I could get that too! @u@

MattKrous said...

Ordered the book the other day, can't wait. Picked up Fusion Junction a while back too, some good stuff there.

COMIKXGUY said...

whilce and the dusty nyu rulz!