“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, March 26, 2007

VENTURE BROS_90 minutes


Haha! Has anyone ever watched this show?! The damn episodes are HILARIOUS! Just got through watching Season One again last night and I was howling the entire time. My favorite episode thus far? It has to be the one where they stuck Race Bannon (of Johnny Quest fame - I'm a huge old school Johnny Quest fan and the fact that they got away with using Race in this show boggles the mind) in the beginning episode called 'ICE STATION--IMPOSSIBLE!'. In that very same episode, the folks at Noodle Soup and Astobase Go! also drop a Fantastic Four homage! Just a brilliant, brilliant show all around. I never have the time (nor the intelligence) to watch the show as they air so release the damn Season Two already!

Oh, and this took more than 90 minutes because A) I'm a retard and I couldn't draw the boys' run poses correctly the first time, so B) I drew it again - on the other side of the same piece of bristol board, no less. On the reverse side of this image is a fully rendered, blue line drawing almost identical to this one. Only I couldn't, for the life of me, draw Dean Venture in his signature run pose from the series' opening sequence. I still don't think I got it right, but whatever. So yeah...I guess you could say I drew it in 90 minutes. Twice. '180 minutes' doesn't sound as sexy though.

Anyway....BROCK SAMPSON IS THE MAN!!! That is all.

8 comments:

Gary Fitzgerald said...

my halogen:halo arived yesterday.. V cool..
Ta.

B. said...

Best show ever! Season Two comes out soon, and it's even better than Season One.

Excellent drawing, by the way.

Rick Lacy said...

holy crap! this is fantastic! I work on the show as a board and design artist(I actually did the Race Bannon design) and to stumble upon such a great piece of fan art for the show has really made my day.

Go Team Venture!

Bill said...

This piece is so cool! I think we need to see the companion piece to this - the villians! Maybe you could do the Monarch and Phantom Limb fighting over the beautiful, but dangerously deeped voiced Dr. Girlfriend. Hey, a fanboy can dream, can't he?

Rico said...

Please..take me with you Senor Canete!

RLS said...

That is feaking awesome. I love the flow of the composition and the rendering but I love how you totally nailed those characters' body language best of all.

Lauren said...

I like it when Hank is in his Aquaman under-roos.

potato farm girl said...

I love that show! Major Tom, Brock, and the Monarch are my myspace friends. Yay!