“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, February 22, 2007

JACK_commission


I don't remember who I was talking to about this, but did you know that 'flammable' and 'inflammable' mean the same thing? What the hell, English vocabulary?!

Anyhoo, here's Jack. See Jack run. Run from the savages, Jack. Run towards the bags of money that's synonymous with a Disney franchise. Run Jack, run.

**Note: So that Jon Tsuei (who's in the business of pimping my stuff - thanks man!) doesn't have a heart attack, let me tell those of you reading that you can find me in NYCC Artist's Alley at Table A125. Also, bringing some much needed class and grace to our table, the incomparable Lauren Montgomery will be there as well - the better half of that 'Beauty and the Beast' sketchbook Jon's talking about. And I bet if you ask her for one, she'll do a sketch for you when you buy our book. Or she'll spit at you like a camel. Class and grace, I said. Okay, I'm going to go pack now.**

8 comments:

Jonboy! said...

Run Forest Run! Nice stuff as usual Eric! Have fun at the NY show!

Jon Tsuei said...

No more posts Mr. Canete because people may miss my comment that you'll be at table A125 at the NY Comic Con from Saturday through Sunday.

What about Friday you ask? Well, I'll be there ready with the commission sign up list and copies of the "Beauty and the Beast" sketchbook.

Yes I'm shameless and that's A125!

Chrispy said...

Dope piece man, GREAT shot, i love the angle, and the water driplettes are NOICE!

Marc Deering said...

Awesome as always. Wish i was going to NYCC.:( Next year, definately. :)

murf said...

Man, this is great.

Especially the gesture with his right hand.

When in NYC, good burgers:

Corner Bistro
331 W 4th St

Old Town Bar
45 E 18th St (Cross Street: Between Park Avenue and 5th Avenue)

ANX said...

Brilliant man

400lb ninja said...

Fire man... Love the composition- So much speed and FURY!!!

Brian said...

OMG, that was Lauren at the booth. I wish I had read this before I went to the show as a definitely would have picked up the Beauty book and asked her for a sketch.

As for flammable and inflammable, yeah that's a weird one, especially when you consider that it's usually seen as part of a safety warning, you'd think they'd want to avoid any ambiguily over the exact meaning of the word.