“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, February 15, 2007

'HALOGEN: HALO'_update




Here's the plan: I'm planning on attending the show at the year's New York Comic Con where I hope to have a small format, full color sketchbook available for purchase containing the colored images I've exhibited here in the past (and I think a couple that I haven't yet...who knows at this point), as well as some sketches like the ones that I'm posting above. The stats are: 'HALOGEN: HALO' - 32 full color and B&W images, 5 3/8 x 4 5/8 (about the size of a CD jewel case) $20.00 USD.

Now that plan can all go FUBAR if the books don't get to me on time, in which case I'll have nothing on the table. I'm just going to sit there and draw flowers in people's sketchbooks - you know, those of you who are kind enough to ask me and...um...who like...flowers?

Seriously, folks - come by the table, see if I've messed up and the sketchbooks didn't get there on time, ask for a me for a sketch (or maybe a commission) where I'll promptly refer you to my buddy Dustin Nguyen (you know, the DC exclusive monster that brought you Manifest Eternity, The Authority, Widcats 2.0? You'll know it's him because he's such a rockstar that he glows white. He's sitting right next to me.) and he'll hook you up. Bye!

Oh, and 'Iron Man' is going swimmingly well - thanks for asking, Phil (who doesn't allow access to his Blogger profile and I can't e-mail him back because I lost his info).

11 comments:

Brian said...

Beautiful sketches Eric and I'm looking forward to seeing you at your hopefully not empty table.

Brian.

P.S. Are you serious about not sketching at the show and does that apply to the pre-show commission requests you took.

Skylark- said...

OK - Google search revealed Iron Man - Enter the Mandarin - Congratulations - Best wishes on that high profile gig.

Nathan Fowkes said...

Impressive and prolific. This blog deserves a bookmark.

Brian said...

The gal sitting in front of the window is simple, elegant and beautiful. Nice work Eric.

Any chance of seeing your take on Iron Man in the near future?

sarah said...

I LOVE the girl with the antlers. Really nice Eric. Are you going to be at the San Deigo Comic-Con this year? Hope the books get to you in time for New York :)

Djordje Zutkovic said...

Awsome!! Those are some really cool designs!!

arnie said...

no worries about the can eric, we'll all pitch in and do an all-nighter at Kinko's...

nice sketch's

peace out

CCarman said...

your 90 min. sketches are absolutley amazing!

very inspiring...

Mark said...

This may be a stupid question but Im asking it anyway. For those of us who cant attend the New York Comic Con, will it be possible to purchase your new sketchbook online?

DC said...

hey dude, thanks for your blog. It inspires me. The latest images rock. good luck @ comiccon.

Saeta said...

very, very nice