“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

'HALOGEN : HALO' (HOT PINK!)_update





Got back from the NYC show on Monday. I've got pictures and such (mostly sight-seeing stuff, less of the con) and I'll upload them as as soon as I'm able. For now, I'm just trying to recuperate, and get ready for the show in SF this coming weekend. No rest, I tell you.

So if you're going to be up in the NoCal area, drop by the Wondercon where I'll have the copies of my new sketchbook 'HALOGEN : HALO' available (as well as the last few copies of 'Beauty and the Beast'). Yeah, I know - I was supposed to have them for the east coast show, but even the best laid plans can get screwed up. The pictures above are what they look like. I'm only bringing about 50 copies with me (I'm trying to be optimistic by thinking I'll actually *sell* 50 copies, but a guy can hope, yeah?) because I'm trying to keep my baggage light. And with the jewel case and the box, it can start to get really heavy and cumbersome. I mean, look at the thing! It's like I've released my first music album or something! Haha!

I'll be there with Geoff Ong (writer and graphic artist extraordinaire) and Axel Ortiz (design and illustration guru); both from Studio BVS. Geoff is selling copies of his opus 'BACKSPACE: Race for the Tomorrow' and Axel is selling his sketchbooks and other wares - or he'll be making street tacos with spicy guacamole. I'm not sure which yet. Hee! Seriously folks, drop by the table, chat it up with us and get a sketch or commission. We'd love to meet you.

Okay, I'm off. Deadlines and blah, blah, blah. I'll post pictures when I get home next week.

14 comments:

fjm said...

nice eric, love the presentation! great cover too. I hope there's still gonna be some left over for sdcc.

Jon Tsuei said...

Freakin awesome, put me down for 10!

Fantastic job man, I can't wait to see it up close.

dustin said...

you fancy ass...

Chris Sims said...

I want one!

I just got a copy of Beauty and the Beast and I have to have the follow up. What's up with the CD case anyway. Is it a cd full of soothing music for us to listen to while thumbing through your book or is it a cd-rom full of artsy goodness?

And speaking of cons, are you heading for Chicago this year? Unfortunately, that's the only con I can get to.

Jonboy! said...

Eric! FO' sho! Def let me know if copies are available for order here-I'd def love to pick up a copy!

francis said...

slick! what's it got inside??

Budjette said...

For the rest of us who can't go to the con, will you make it available via Diamond? Amazon?

--budjette

NICO Mengual said...

I would love to have one of those, would you send it to Argentina? how much would it cost?
thanks!

Roc said...

i want one just for the cover!

MattKrous said...

I'd love to grab one, but probably wouldn't be able to make it to a con. You have any way of taking payment online? Paypal or similar?

Thierry martin said...

Hello
forgive my English, but can say to me where it is possible to find your book?
Thank you

The Big Red One said...

Wow. After a long hiatus I am back in the blog world and I see you have been as prodigious as ever.
Yeah, I want one too. How do we get one outside of the con?

Chris said...

missed Wondercon. like those before me... is there a way to Paypal you or such to grab a copy of HALOGEN?

Scott Altmann said...

Do you plan on attending and bringing some of these to sell at the SanDiego ComicCon? I'd love to get my hands on one when I'm there.
Love your work *