“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

WORK, WORK, WORK...





Remember when I said, I'd post more images because I needed to have a regular regiment and because I missed posting earlier in the week and because blah, blah, blah...?

I lied.

Work-work has been taking up all my time and as Short Round said to Indiana, "No time for love, Dr. Jones." Anyway, here's more. And remember: 'More' doesn't mean 'better' - it just means 'more'. That's my excuse because I messed up the devil-looking thing and I'm probably going to do it over again; the same way I'm probably going to post more images because I need to have a regular regiment and because I missed posting earlier in the week, and because blah, blah, blah.

18 comments:

Sugartastic_D_Slim said...

Holy Crap!!! It's a three-fer!

These are amazing. Great story-telling images.

Thanks for posting SO MUCH GREAT WORK!!!

Dennis

Viriato said...

great blog and great draws. I whish i could draw something else but my name...Keep on with the good work.

Chris Sims said...

Awesome illos as always.

Don't be too hard on yourself homie. I think you proved how discplined you actually are to those who frequently visit your blog. 118 post in 2006, That's incredible!

So go ahead, miss a few days. I won't hold it against you. But I will be stopping by daily just in case you get your act together.

schpatz said...

The last one is, frankly, awesome.

Pipocalavera said...

I'd like to meet you mister.
Somewhere, sometime.
And shoot you with a lot of questions!! :)

Nice light on the elemental one.

Kristina Bustamante said...

Three pictures this time!? In color!? GAH! I'm overwhelmed!

Your top drawing reminds me of the beautiful illustrations you can find in a fancy children's fairy tale book, the kinds where the sides of the pages are all gold and everything.

The composition of your devil picture is just...stunning (holy jeebus). And I also like how your female character is posed.

And you definitely have fire down to a science. When I draw fire, it all goes to smoke when I color it because it ends up looking like...oh, I don't know, Jell-o maybe? Sigh...

Dean Trippe said...

Wicked.

Mark said...

This is you on a BAD day?!! *walks away and gives up drawing*

Todd Harris said...

nice blog you have here. i'll have to keep coming back. great work.

potato farm girl said...

That fire one is WOW! He's like blowing at the fire, and little embers are going everywhere, it is so magical!

CosmicPencil said...

Eric,

Your blog is one of the few blogs that I actually remember the website for, and frequent while at work! These are all amazing pieces! I love the Indigo Devil piece....hell, I love it all!
Keep on inspiring!
-matt

Djordje Zutkovic said...

NICE! You're art is awsome! Keep up the great work!

Djordje Zutkovic said...

NICE!! You're art is awsome! Keep up the great work!

Jonboy! said...

Bad DAY!?!?! Man I've love to see a good day!! Great stuff Eric!

sarah said...

I've been struggling with the whole post regularly thing too :) It's a huge challenge.

I really like this selection of images though. I love the fire girl.

Alina Chau said...

WOW!! THese are awesome!! Neat illos!

Roc said...

that fire chick piece is great!

Bade said...

Hi Eric...
always I have admired your work!!!
I am very very happy... for find this blog
greetings