“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, January 01, 2007

NEW YEAR OVERLOAD




Let's get the week's worth of images out of the way, shall we?

Here are some images I've done while I was away - toying around with the COPIC markers, some colored pencils and a tiny bit of PS/CS2. I just wanted to play with actual media again, yeah? That way I appreciate how much of a convenience PS truly is. Once you commit something to paper by way of markers, there's very little you can do to adjust or change the terrible, terrible color decisions you have made. I say this because I have personal, intimate knowledge of such decisions.

I must have done that Black Bolt and Medusa image four times (I really *do* appreciate PS a whole lot more now - when you have no idea how to use color, it's a life saver). The image of the girl on the Vespa was for a birthday present for a dear friend of mine - we call that her 'superhero' costume. Okay, more later.

10 comments:

Jeffrey said...

noice!

great way to start the year w/ a fine dumping of pieces.

being my current inspiration in comics, it's great seeing new things on your blog.

hope to see more things on your blog this year!

charlieclark said...

Jesus Eric, I can't stand seeing your stuff it makes me want to quit! I love the way you did the marker drawings I love the one with the female in the dress the most, I can't belive you put all the little florishes in her dress. MAN this stuff is always good!

charlieclark said...

Jesus Eric, I can't stand seeing your stuff it makes me want to quit! I love the way you did the marker drawings I love the one with the female in the dress the most, I can't belive you put all the little florishes in her dress. MAN this stuff is always good!

charlieclark said...

Jesus Eric, I can't stand seeing your stuff it makes me want to quit! I love the way you did the marker drawings I love the one with the female in the dress the most, I can't belive you put all the little florishes in her dress. MAN this stuff is always good!

charlieclark said...

Jesus Eric, I can't stand seeing your stuff it makes me want to quit! I love the way you did the marker drawings I love the one with the female in the dress the most, I can't belive you put all the little florishes in her dress. MAN this stuff is always good!

Chris Sims said...

Nice color work you have here Mr. Canete! I know what you mean about Photoshop. I am totally spoiled by the program. So convinient and it consumes so much less of my precious time. Glad to have you back homie! I missed you.

Q7D2 said...

Dope! I remember those days, with the markers spread out all over the floor trying to make sure you pick the write color not to screw uo your whole project. Or trying to blend in the bad color choice to cover up the mistake, Thaks God for PS. Looks like you still have it. Can't wait to see more.

David Malan said...

Killer new work. Very nice, I think the dressed up girl and the vespa turned out especially nice. THe vespa has a great compostition, But the drawing is great as always.

Brian Churilla said...

Awesome. Loving the marker art.

Andy Bayer said...

I wish I was blessed by a decent Photoshop Program. And, even if I had one, I have no idea how to use it. These "pics" are great.