“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

CHOCOLATIER


Playing around with the COPIC markers again. The saving grace about this particular marker set is the fact that they're refillable. Well, come to think of it, so are TRIA Design markers, but their colors are less vibrant than their Japanese counterpart.

I'm going to run out of these colored sketches soon so it's going to be back to the 90 minute B&W versions next time.

9 comments:

sarah said...

Hurrah! Eric, I'm so glad your back :) I hope you got everything you hoped to finish before the new year finished. The recent posts are just lovely.

Chris Sims said...

Thank God you're back. I needed the inspiration!

charlieclark said...

Eric, is this going to be a daily thing for you because I love to see you doing your stuff again!

JuanManuel Tumburús said...

Love you art.
It remind me to Juan Bobillo (an argentinian illustrator) and his watercolours. Excuse my english.
Have a nice day!

potato farm girl said...

Ok, the colors on that scarf and beautiful dress may have finally sold me on the copic. I hated the way they blend, but they look so nice on this drawrings. But maybe the Kahnehteh magic makes it work!

Pipocalavera said...

Ey..how long!!!!

nice to see you was not kidnapped but some alien dwarfs who live within the earth.

@$$ said...

I honest and sincerly can't decide whether I prefer seeing your color images or your 90 min b/w sketches. Of course, I think I might be biased by my appreciation of your use of natural media in general.

I truly hope you've got a massive artbook collecting your sketches in the works someday soon!

Norm (Baron) Ryang said...

Pure sweetness!

Dela said...

Very elegant !